·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welll I have a great audiobahn headunit, and
2 6" door speakers
2 6x9" rear quarter speakers
2 12" subs
All memphis audio. A fellow supra owner said that if I wanted my door and quater speakers to sound good I would need to make some of those Particle board boxes for my speakers. 2 audio shop people told me that's stupid, and the only thing I would need the box for would be my subs. Is it ok if I leave the door and rear quarter speakers open or do I box'em like my subs?? Any advice would really help!
Basil A.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
I think unless you're going for competition sound that you could get away with laying some dynomat down to reduce any rattle and still be fine. I have 5.25 Focal Polyglass in my MK3 doors and they sound freakin awesome. Just my $.02

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
MK4everturbo said:
So your saying I should dynomat my rear fenderwells and doors?

I wouldn't go that far, unless you're worried about lots of rattle. like the other reply, you will most likely be good just putting them in there. Don't go overboard on the dynamat* cause that stuff can get expensive unless you have a hookup. Try just putting them in there and see how you like the sound, most likely it'll be just fine. Since you are using a sub, you shouldn't have to push to much bass through your regular speakers and that alone should reduce the rattle from them.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright! thank you guys so much for your advice I'll just slide'em in. So I don't need any other crap than what I got LOL!
Basil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts