Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Big Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get my g/f some new speakers for her Civic for Christmas. They are 6.5" up front and 6x9 in the rear. I was checking out some Swiss Audio coax's Click Here.
They are a good price and I have heard good some good things about them. I was looking at them mainly b/c I have 2 Swiss Audio 12's that I got from my brother that I'm gonna install in the back. I need some help and want to know what you guys think. I can go with any brand really but these were just a better price. Let me know what you guys think. Also if anybody knows what size amp I would need to push these subs let me know b/c i cant find anything about them. My bro had a 600 watt amp pushing them so I now they need alot of power. I guess i need advice on what speakers and amp to get for her.
Thanks,
-Ryan

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
If you look at the big subs you'll see the comparison, and if you call they'll tell you. They're owned and manufactured by Audiobahn.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Not to criticize but they look like something from clearance table at Radio Shack.. Are you sure you want these in your car???

·
Big Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roadie8105 said:
Not to criticize but they look like something from clearance table at Radio Shack.. Are you sure you want these in your car???
Naw they arent going in my car they are going in my gf's civic. They were in my brothers blazer and they hit pretty damn hard so I know that they are decent. I just have them sitting in my closet so I my's well use them. But yeah they arent something I would buy but they are free and all she wants is some bass so why not?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Perfect for the Civic.. AGREED!! And they do look like they would not be bad just something not worthy of a Supra I would not think...

I found a site or two you might look into..
www.swissaudioinc.com Main site with info on woofers...

Also some other sites that sell their equipment like www.woofersetc.com ...

Swiss Audio site shows the subs as probably the SWS series 10" 4 ohm single voice coil woofers.. Shows max power handling of 300W.. You might try emailing them direct at the email above and asking for some specific enclosure data (dimensions for ported or sealed box) and other info you may need... Look closely on the woofer for some model number before emailing them for the most reliable info... Hope this helps... I had never heard of Swiss Audio buts looks as if they have a rather large product lineup...

Just a note.. I have some nice Kickers I could hand deliver to you that really thump that I am removing from my Supra if you should want something with a little more kick.. I am not 100% sure of amp to power these but maybe someone else could chime in...

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
LMAO.. look at those puny tinsel leads :eek:

Build quality is severely lacking upon visual inspection.

Is the spider even mounted? or is it just sitting in the lower portion of the basket? :wtf:

Got 125 bucks? I can get your girl a real BAD-ASS sub that can handle 650W peak (450W RMS).. will wipe 90% of the mainstream products off the shelf in shear SQ, build quality, and price.

http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/drivers/shiva.htm

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
6.5" 2-way Component System (pair)
Here's your chance to save $160! The paint finish on this batch of CL-61 components didn't turn out as bright as desired, so CDT decided to blow them out at a HUGE savings! These are exactly the same as the acclaimed 2003 CL-61 with titanium-dome tweeters, except that the red paint is not quite as bright -that's it! (comes with ¾” titanium-dome tweeters) $309.99 SALE!
$149.99!

www.thezeb.com

go to CDT Audio, and then Components.

Awesome speakers... :bigthumb:

CDT > Focal
hell.. CDT >*.all <exception handler=Rainbow>

·
Big Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys thanks alot for your help. I'm gonna email them and see what they say. Like i said these were free so I'm gonna go ahead and use them. And thanks for the link Zylo, those components would be nice in there, but I dont want to have to buy another amp to push them. b/c I have to have some money to buy my turbo also. Thats right come next spring the N/A will have balls:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I second the CDT idea. For the cl series you don't really need a huge amount of power, because of the sensitivity rating. They are rated at 80 watts, but probably anywhere between 40-50 watts would be sufficient. I have been totally impressed with CDT. I own 2 of the minibox subs, which are rated at 250 watts, but only really see about 80-90 real watts of power (which the head tech guy recommended to me). And they are the most accurate, breathtaking woofers I have heard personally. The tech support is great at the company as well, they answered every question I had within a day, and with good information and a good additude. I have had nothing but good experiences, and when I upgrade my speakers again, i will be going with CDT for sure. They are known for amazing SQ at reasonable prices as well. But I suppose it does come down to what sounds good to you. But, really they are some amazing products!

·
no moe sup
699 Posts
sell them to your local hunduh owner and save up some more money.trust me i do this 4 a living and you will end up buying another and another and another set of cheap speakers. you want some inexpensive and decent quality speakers i suggest infinity reference series

1 - 14 of 14 Posts