Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We has your money!
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a PPI amp and 3 10w6 in my supra, and some components up front..im going to sell the amp and my 10w6's...I would like to get a 12w7 and a bd1500 amp, and a capacitor...would this be too much bass, would 2 10w7's be much better for this situation.
Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
The tens will hit just as hard if not harder than the 12's. The power difference between one ten and a 12" is only 250 RMS.

I would rather go with tens. Smaller enclosure with a little less weight.

The ten's are much better IMO for SQ as well. The 12's just like to slam.

Another thing to consider is the 12" goes for about 850$ the tens go for like 450$ and up depending on where you buy em.

I got 3 10W7's for 450 each and ended up selling them for 575 each.

Also for an amp I would reccommend and Orion or an MMATS. These subs are really power hungry.

How much you want for the 3 10W6's? I might be interested if the price is right. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tito, how come you decided not to go with the W7's?

Sonik- The 10's are going to hit a little quicker, so if you listen to music with a lot of quick beats ( metal, some techno) the 10's would be better off. If you go with 2 10's the enclosure and such is going to weigh more than it would if you put a single 12 in. The 12 is going to go deeper, so if you like alot of deep bass, go with the 12. But remember, you can buy the most expensive stuff, but if you dont have a good solid install, its not going to perform up to your expectations.

On the amp, i think the bd1500 is going to be a lil bit overkill for a daily driving sub(if you're going with the 12) but would suit the 10's well. Look at Cadence ( Z7000, Z777, A5hc+, and A7hc+) Orion ( 250g4, 275g4, 800.2, 1400.2) Zapco ( 9.0 ) or a DEI 1100D

Hope this gives you some help on what you're asking.

·
0 Posts
i have bought a 12 w7 but was gonna put it in my other car cause i didnt think it would fit in my supra. if you plan on doing a 12 w7 where are you gonna put it. i have a friend with a 12 w7 in her clk55 and it slams so i would doubt you would need two 10 w7. cause with the two ten you are moving more air so they should hit harder. i agree with supra97tt but would go with the 12w7 because in my opinion two 10 w7 would be over kill. i would also like to put my w7 in my car so any help on placing an eclosure in the trunk would help.

·
2 RiCh 4 Ur bLooD...SuPrA
601 Posts
supra_97tt said:
Tito, how come you decided not to go with the W7's?

Sonik- The 10's are going to hit a little quicker, so if you listen to music with a lot of quick beats ( metal, some techno) the 10's would be better off. If you go with 2 10's the enclosure and such is going to weigh more than it would if you put a single 12 in. The 12 is going to go deeper, so if you like alot of deep bass, go with the 12. But remember, you can buy the most expensive stuff, but if you dont have a good solid install, its not going to perform up to your expectations.

On the amp, i think the bd1500 is going to be a lil bit overkill for a daily driving sub(if you're going with the 12) but would suit the 10's well. Look at Cadence ( Z7000, Z777, A5hc+, and A7hc+) Orion ( 250g4, 275g4, 800.2, 1400.2) Zapco ( 9.0 ) or a DEI 1100D

Hope this gives you some help on what you're asking.
i like your good solid advice but i hafta flame you for one thing. a 10" sub will not hit any quicker than a 12" or 15"...that is a false myth. the 10" will sound tighter than a 12" or 15" but not quicker...unless you're referring to super crappy subs. anyways 97redbpu...here's some info that might make the decision for you. both the 10 and 12 w7 only come in a single voice coil (svc) 3 ohm model. so if you wire up that one 12w7 to an amp...it's create a 3 ohm load. you will need to find an amp that puts out at least 750w at 4 ohms. a good amp for this setup would be my amp/autotek xs1500.1. if you decide on the pair of 10w7's...wiring them up will create a 1.5 ohm load. you will need to find an amp that puts out at least 1500w at 1 ohm. a good amp to power the pair of 10's is the jbl bp1200.1 b/c it puts out near 1400w anywhere between 1-2 ohms. i would personally get the pair of 10's. hope this helps.

I

·
0 Posts
I agree...a 10" inch sub wont "hit" any quicker than a 12". You can make a 12 sound very tight and hit very quick if you put the right amount of power to it. The 10 will sound a bit tighter in most cases, but needs to be in the right size enclosuer for the sub and have the power to push it. Also, no matter what the size of the speaker, if it is crappy, it just wont sound good. Alot comes into play when building up a good sound system. A lot of time, people like to go out and buy the best subs/amps/whatever on the market, and push them with POS wires. Just take your time in building your system up. Do it right the first time, and ask for help whenever your not sure about something. It will save alot of time and money in the end:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts