Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Superdragger & RMM Downpipe from a member (Sully = Good Seller)

Great deal but I just want to make sure I have everything. This is what I have.

HKS SD
- Two Sections of Exhaust
- Metal Gasket between two Sections & 4 Bolts for connection
- 2 Pair of Nut/Bolt to connect it to flange after the Cat

RMM DP
- Downpipe
(I think that is it....)

Here is a writeup on MKIV.com but I thought I would ask people for their personal experiences. Here is the writup:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/downpipe/downpipe.htm

Any suggestions on what else I need would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The RMM downpipe replaces the cats. Your list is missing the downpipe gasket, you'll also need washers for the 2 pairs of nut/bolt to connect the exhaust to the downpipe.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the gasket I need special or can I just order one from Toyota? I figure the washers and nuts/bolts I can just order from them as well.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Random Technology Installation Kit for Use with Random Tech Downpipe for 1993-98 Supra. ITEM # RT 516053
This kit includes the gaskets & 5 bolts for bolting everything to the EGCV (turbos) & your exhaust.

Dusty sells them or you can get the kit through Random Technologies. If you don't want to go this route you can use high-temp liquid gasket but I wouldn't suggest it.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just saw that on MVP's site - didn't realize that these would work for RMM too
Just nned to understand if they are going to charge me a boatload for shipping...
- Ekow

·
Registered
82 Posts
What everyone else suggested will help you out. I just put all of my exhaust on last weekend and it went pretty smooth. Just be ready to fight with the nuts that are on the stock down-pipe at the exhaust manifold. Those were really tight and had to use a 1/2" breaker-bar to get them loose. Get up under the car ahead of time and spray penetrating oil (WD40 or other) on all of the bolts/nuts that have to come out.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Spray those suckers with plenty of PB Blaster before, if they come right out you're pretty lucky. I've worked on cars that needed to be torched and it was PITA. Good luck.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
racinghart said:
Random Technology Installation Kit for Use with Random Tech Downpipe for 1993-98 Supra. ITEM # RT 516053
This kit includes the gaskets & 5 bolts for bolting everything to the EGCV (turbos) & your exhaust.

Dusty sells them or you can get the kit through Random Technologies. If you don't want to go this route you can use high-temp liquid gasket but I wouldn't suggest it.

That kit should include everything you need. I used it for mine :)

-Joey :gaysex:

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Opiejoe said:
What everyone else suggested will help you out. I just put all of my exhaust on last weekend and it went pretty smooth. Just be ready to fight with the nuts that are on the stock down-pipe at the exhaust manifold. Those were really tight and had to use a 1/2" breaker-bar to get them loose. Get up under the car ahead of time and spray penetrating oil (WD40 or other) on all of the bolts/nuts that have to come out.
Those DP nuts are a PITA.
I had a muffler shop put my DP on. A good use of $40, since my car had about 100K miles without those suckers having been moved.
Do get PB Blaster or equivalent and soak those things the night before if you plan to do it yourself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts