Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have my dream Supra and I have two awesome Lexus'

Seeing my wife and I are based outside the country for 10+months a year, we really only need one Sports Car(the supra). my poopra.jpg

My Two Lexus' are:

Boost Logics first SC300 called the BL650, it has an ATF trans and many goodies plus we just did a 2500 mile east coast road trip in it(So nice to drive around 550whp with 4k stall). I doubt I could even get $15k for the car, however If I drop all the parts/brakes/rear end into a clean NA Supra I could Imagine 30k would be easy in this market. And I can sell the Clean SC300 for 5k even though it is the Rare 1 of 170 factory 5spd 1997's sc300 copy.jpg DSC_0011 copy.jpg

Next Car is a 2002 IS300 with 28k miles, 1005hp v160 all Induction built, pro-efi all the stuff done to it. I figure I would be hard pressed to get 30k for it and I have more then 40k in Induction Bills over the last year and a half, not including 30-40k in stuff before they touched it. not even sure how to re-coupe some money out of this one. I was thinking a clean 98 chassis and swap all the stuff into it and hope for the best?
is3001 copy.jpg is3002 copy.jpg is3004 copy.jpg is3005 copy.jpg
Has anyone been in this predicament?

Thanks everyone

David

P.S. I do not need to sell the cars either, just bothers me having them sit.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you are patient enough, I think the most you can gain is to individually part out the higher dollar items and bringing the car closer back to stock. Rather than swapping it into another vehicle.

·
Boost Junkie
12,613 Posts
I'd either part them or post them for sale and be patient. If the cars are well built you'd be surprised what you can get for them. Both are very nice.

Steve K.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys,

I have considered putting some slicks on the SC300 and getting her into the 9's and then sell for 15-17k but that would be the top of the market and I seriously don't know what to do with the IS300.

I have lots of time to wait. I have a 4-5 year longer contract so I pretty much only come back to USA to attend SIV and head back to work.

Cheers

David

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Guys,

To those who emailed me about my cars I cannot log into my account after super forums reset everything.

This is my old accout for David Peterson

Please PM me

David

·
Somebody's Watching Me!
1,876 Posts
You could always let your friends drive them so you don't fell so bad about them sitting;)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If you are patient enough, I think the most you can gain is to individually part out the higher dollar items and bringing the car closer back to stock. Rather than swapping it into another vehicle.
+1 you'll never make your money back but I think part out is the best way forward. If you can get 50% back that's already pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts