Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting my stereo system put in pretty soon, and was hoping you could give me some help on things. I am planning on going with an Infinity Reference component set and Infinity Kappa's for my fronts and rears. I will probably push them with a MTX Thunder 6304 amp. I am also planning on putting 2 10 inch MTX Thunder8000 subs in my car with a MTX Thunder6500D amp. I was wondering if this setup would sound good in my car (94 TT), and if I could have a box built that would hold my subs, amps, and capacitor and leave room for my targa? Also, what screen would be good to put in my ride. I wanted to go with the Alpine CVA1005, but I dont think I will be able to angle it so that a passenger can see the screen. IF you want, you can drop me an email at [email protected] Any help you or anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
651 Posts
Sorry for the long delay..

The components you have picked out are going to be more than sufficient. The most important factor will be the installation. I've always said that it isn't hard to install a system in a Supra but it is hard to do an installation RIGHT in a Supra. Be very choosey on who you let take apart your car. Ask many questions regarding training and experience with cars and more importantly, Supras.

Remember this, it's not too hard to put together a better list of components than the factory gear is. Your selection of stuff is going to be a big improvement.

As far as the screen, I myself use the IVAC-800 with a DVD5205 underneath it. Yes, the of axis viewing for the passenger is a bit diminished so therefore, the screens from Eclipse will better suit the passenger because they pivot side to side. My favorite screen/multimedia unit is the Kenwood KVT-910DVD. It is incredible off axis viewing ability for your passenger. (Talk to Warren.. the founder of this forum he has one installed in his Supra) That Kenwood is the hottest multimedia unit on the market right now hands down!

You need any help send me a shout here or just gimme a call sometime..

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
thomas is the man! ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice Thomas. As for the install, it should be good. I work at a car audio place and get a pretty good discount on my stuff, and am lucky enough to have one of the top installers in my area as my install manager. He is awesome at installs. Im not quite sure of his experience with Supra's, but he has been doing this for about 14 years now. The only thing I am wondering about right now is the box that I am going to need. I know he could build me a good one, but I was wondering if your place had some cutom boxes already built for Supra's? Thanks for the help again.

·
651 Posts
No, I don't have custom made boxes for Supras already built. They are far too time consuming to build (fiberglass mostly) and the drivers people use vary so much that having them already built wouldn't be feasible and in the best interest of the customer.

I have built many different types of enclosures however and I can help you out or just plain build one for you.

Good luck either way.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts