Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Under Construction!!!!!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well today I was given a choice on my 86.5 n/a and I wanted to do the best thing that I can do so My choices were
A. to put a HG and all new seals on the engine I have in my house laying around and then buy another engine(mine is basically f*&^%&) and fix that one up any way I want it.
or
B. Fix the engine that I have laying around in my house the way I want it which would probalby take me another year and hope that my current engine holds up till then and then do the swap.
SOme input from you gusy would be truly appreciated. For the TURBo guys at the momenbt I DON'T want to go Turbo yet becuase it would be my first time to do something thsi big on a car so I would like to get a feel of how to do it and then I would like to get a turbo supra. Thanx again and any input is appreciated.

S

·
0 Posts
don't let people's opinions influence where you want to spend
your money.

ask yourself, what do you want? then ask yourself, is what I want
feasable in the short term? (financially, time wise, so on and so
forth) then ask yourself, is this really what I want?

now it seems you're having head gasket problems, did you have
a MHG on it before and you have to put a second mhg on it now?

IF so, did you have the block and heads milled flat, then lapped
smooth? if not, the surface isn't prepared and the gasket will
blow every time.

·
Under Construction!!!!!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the engine is the stock engine nothing has been done to either of the engines(I'm Broke at the moment) but the engine in my garage is half taken apart and it is a JDM engine. Yes I do believe I have Headgasket problems, I mostl likely have a BHG but I havn't been able to figure it out. basically my car is being a real ass sometimes but other times it runs perfectly.

·
Under Construction!!!!!
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I know that. That is the reason why if I go with my first chocie I would jsut get a stock HG and torque it down to like 75 to 80 somewhere around there. But Dr. J what do you think of the situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts