Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I went and a 90 Turbo today, it has 136K miles on it never been in a wreck, pretty good paint for being a 90, and interior is in pretty good shape aswell, no tears, no broken peices, grey cloth. It's automatic, which I wished it was a 5spd, no stereo but I work at Ultimate Electronics so that doesn't matter, the hood pops freely just touch the hinge and it pops that can be fixed. Overall the car is pretty good shape, now here's the other side, the turbo has been cut in half with the compressor side removed, and the 3000 pipe connected to the afm, and there is a slight knock or tick around 2500rpms, but not loud. It was pretty cold like 28 outside and I know that theses cars can sound a little loud when it is cold.
Any advise would help.

Ryan

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
rcdsupra said:
the turbo has been cut in half with the compressor side removed
:eek:

Im suprised someone would do something like that. The turbo must have sezed up or something. It possible that the engine was ran low on oil, which could also be the source of your knocking.

How much are they asking for it?

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are asking $1700 for it, I have talked them down to $1200, I have a turbo from my other car that I could put on it (60-1 ct26).
I just need a car to drive around until I get my other supra rebuilt. The body and interior is great but the way that it is rigged I'm affraid of putting my turbo on the car and blowing it up right away.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Thats a hell of a deal man, get it. Sounds like they bypassed the turbo and made the car an NA. Thats a good buy, but i'd definitely look futher deeper into the knocking sound. If its gotta rod knock, a ton of those cars can be had for that price. The fact that its a black and in good condition makes it a rare car.

Kruso

T

·
0 Posts
Yeah, my 90t had a very slight knock around high rpms. I pulled the motor and replaced all the bearings right away. It runs perfect now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I bought my Pearl white 89t for 1,000 bucks, has the whole sport touring packages, with dual climtae control, TEMS Targa etc... for 1,000 bucks. Only thing was wrong with it, is 2 spun rodbearings in the block. Immaculate paint, exterior is decent. All around good project car for me :) Good luck getting that 90t man!

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
werd, 1200 is a good deal. If you dont drive it, you could always part and make 2-3 times that back.

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I'm going to buy it anyways, I've always wanted a nice street supra or daily driver with about 450-500rwhp and a monster 7M with over 600rwhp black. I think that this will be a great car for a startup point. The only thing that I don't like is the auto tranny, I know you can do swaps to a 5spd, but if I plan on making this a monster I might just stay with the auto.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
you bastards and your cheap supras. cheapest ive seen around here was CDN$5000ish and it was beatin up pretty badly.... if i could find a decent black ~90 for US$1200, id jump on it....

·
Racing is Living
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to buy it tomorrow morning, is it to hard to change to a 5spd? I know that people have done it, and I just need help with the wiring. Or should I just stay with the auto and build it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
5spd

i bought my car auto, and did the 5spd swap.. my first 5spd swap, but ive done many many motor pulls and just tranny swaps.. the 5spd conversion was VERY easy.. and took me a total of 10 hours with me and my friend that just helped me when i needed something under the car. i had a complete n/a parts car and got all my pedels, and stuff to from it.. so if you have really any motor pulling experiance and common since its not too bad :p i used the online guild for the wiring which was defently the easiest part :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts