Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the story - My car started idling like shit and I started to get a check engine light. I took it to the local Toyota Dealership. They ran their diagnostic test and told me that my MAF sensor was bad. I decided to buy the Lexus AFM, and now that it is on my car is still throwing the check engine light and my car is still idling rough. I was told that it may take a while for the ECU to read the new AFM. Is this true? I took off my negative battery cable today to help fix it. Nothing changed. Was I supposed to do something else after replacing the AFM like waiting a specific amount of time before starting my car back up or what? Am unsure of what to do from here and am tired of having a car that runs like ass. Am waiting on my 550's in case you were wondering. PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS. Thanks.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of a broken wire. i'm not too smart about the technical side to a supra, not even sure if i could check this kinda stuff out myself. can anyone give me any tips or instructions.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can't do this type of stuff, then just take it to another dealer, or ask around and take it to a shop that knows Supras.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so its not my AFM. the dealership told me that the sensor was bad and that is what the code was reading. so it doesn't take time for the ECU to read the new AFM? thats not the problem?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, ran the codes. It threw out 4 diff. codes on me. Any ideas?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because we can help you without you telling us which codes they were... :rolleyes:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
24 - Intake Air Temp Sensor Signal
31 - Air Flow Meter Signal
42 - Vehicle Speed Sensor Signal
51 - NO CLUE

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
i think 51 is TPS (throttle position sensor)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so which one do you think is causing this bad idle? are any of you on AIM or MSN or Yahoo so I can chat with ya about this rather than post it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts