Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys think about HU. which is your favorite and why. I'm leaning towards an Eclipse double din or single or an Alpine or Kenwood deck.

Also what is everyone's feelings on tweeter placement? My greatest hopes are to mount them in place of the stock tweeters but keep hearing horror stories and warnings against it. Where is everyone else putting their tweeters?

·
4,417 Posts
I'm very happy with my Nakamichi CD-45Z... I like it because it isn't covered with flashing LEDs and more buttons than a 747s cockpit. It has 20-bit DACs... sounds great... and isn't too much $$$.

But to each his own. Just listen to them... through a quality amp and a good set of speakers. Take your own music with you so you know what you are use to it sounding like.

Make sure all comparisons are through identical amps/speakers. It's very easy to make a good head-unit sound bad and a bad one sound good. Just trust your ears.

Tweeter placement - I always think that a higher soundstage is better. It's more natural... how often do you hear music come from your feet? But this is a very highly debated topic also...

So again.. trust your ears.

Warning: Just my stupid opinions above... please disregard! ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts