Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, my supra has been running fine up till today. It still runs fine, but it dies after siting in idle. But it dosnt just cut off, its if i'm siting at a light, then when it turns green i try to go, it dies. But while in motion, everything is fine. When i turn the steering wheel the car dies also. Does anyone know what might be the problem??

thanks
jason

·
Registered
381 Posts
Check your manual for electric troubleshooting. Turning the steering wheel pulls on your battery/electrical system. When was the last time you had your battery checked/exchanged? Just a thought.

·
Registered
830 Posts
check your battery terminals.

·
Ex-hardtopper
1,920 Posts
check your battery terminals.
+1

I had a similar problem. Car wouldn't start, but when jumped it would run fine up until i tried to go from a stoplight, when it would stall. Turned out to be a bad cell in the battery closest to the terminal and with all the shit going in my car at idle, there wasn't enough juice to get the car going unless I revved the crap out of it.

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
Check your manual for electric troubleshooting. Turning the steering wheel pulls on your battery/electrical system. When was the last time you had your battery checked/exchanged? Just a thought.
Don´t think so. We don´t have a electrical power steering but a hydraulic one. When the steering wheel is being turned it will pull power from the pulley, there´s nothing electrical there.
I guess it might be the IAC motor be bad or something else at this corner...Are you on stock twins w/ MAF etc.?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts