Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my account activated so I can ask you guys if I should go with a 1991 Supra T with 123K 5spd @ $3800 (Bone stock except for Short Ram Intake).

OR...

A 1990 Nissan 300ZX TT with 87K....but [email protected] $4900 also stock.

I really wanted a 5spd, but with a price like that on a TT I am giving in a little here...

Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the Supra has the original paint on it all faded so it needs a paintjob, passanger door is fucked up so I need to get the lock mechanism changed or something. The T-Top might be leaking as I saw a trace of pollen in the passanger seat as if a pool of water had dried up...other than that, oil smoking from the turbo area after the test drive. He said the car had been standing for a while so thats why the car was leaking oil.

The 300ZX has had 3 prior minor wrecks in the front, but fixed.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,985 Posts
'91 MkIII Turbo + $1100 > '90 300ZX

IF you like to work on your own engine, it's a no-brainer.

Inline 6 single turbo > V-6 twin turbo

Other than that, money defines which one wins.

·
Registered
46 Posts
3800 seems like alot for the supra considering all the crap thats wrong with the car. i don't know how quick you need a car but i would look a little harder for a supra. I got my 89 supra body in mint condition. it had no motor but the body was mint. i paid 300 for it and it had brand new paint. if you look hard enough you can find a better one! as far as the nissan. I hate Nissan with a passion.(dont ask my why) but the 300zx doesn't sound like a bad deal.

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
Yeah man. No brainer. Go with the Z, I have never heard of a price that low. Even if yo ulater on decide twin turbo sweetness isn't good enoguh, you can sell it and get a supra no problems. I think you'll find you love the humm of the v6 twin turbo tho. It just sings.
eric

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got my 89 T 5 speed with 140k, a K&N, Spearco Front mount, greddy catch can, titan MHG, 3" elbow for $1450. But it had a blown turbo and faded paint on the front.

If the car is smoking white, the turbo very well could be on the way out. With that info and the paint, and considering what I paid for mine. I'd say it's too much. If you really like MKIII's wait a bit and find a good deal. Otherwise grab up that TT cause that's the lowest price i've seen one for. If nothing else you can resell it for more.

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
well, myself id still go for the MK3 because i LOVE them. but that Z32 is a good price so if you bought it, and you didnt like it you could always sell it for more/same price and get yourself a MK3. The Z32 is a pretty reliable car. and there pretty fast stock. but inline 6 are always better for turboing than V-6's. but its all up to you. honestly i think the MK3 is better in almost every aspect, but then again thats me.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
i say go with the 91 Supra! Then again i dont know much about the 300ZX... Got pictures?

·
Registered
189 Posts
im all for the mk3 usually, but with those issues id be leaning to the z if its in good shape. Z's are a little harder to come by round here in nice shape. Just my 2 cents. Get the one YOU want. You gotta live with it :p

·
Registered
189 Posts
and as for the auto, till i got my auto supra, i was 100% against it. its actually really nice not having to worry about replacing the clutch, or shifting, losing boost between gears. Makes it really nice in heavy traffic. Everyones different, but if i can learn to love it.. :p

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
90 300z tt auto...3 major front wrecks..come on guys..wake up...this guy likes 5 speed..and imagine how much for parts or upgrades for a 300z compared to a supra..ever see the room on a 300z..and engine bay..you cant even work under there..and you will be bored of a auto in no time..

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
91MKIIIT said:
The 300ZX has had 3 prior minor wrecks in the front, but fixed.

i dotn know where you see major wrecks anywere. btw. well to be honest, if you dont like auto, then dont buy either. there are quite a few problems with the supra. the Z32 doesnt have many problems with it. other than the 3 MINOR accidents. that were fixed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your input guys, really appreciated...BUT just checked with the Z32 and it was SOLD!

This means I might just go with a MKIII, but I guess I will look aroud and keep my options open.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Anybody else wonder why it was sold for so cheap? I mean I know they lose their vaule, but damn! Was it a salvaged title? Why was it going for so low?

Unlike some of the other people in this post, I wouldn't just jump and tell you to get the 300z or the MK3. Not enough info to give you an opinion really. But I'm glad the Z32 sold. It probably would have been more trouble than it's worth. It just seems awfully weird that they would be selling it for less thank 5k.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts