Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here the deal I fell in love with the supra when i bought my n/a blah blah u know the story then u get that craving for a turbo and well now that what im aiming for. anyways I found an 89 supra turbo, 5 speed and targa too .
anyways the body on it is clean no rust at all( was only summer driven).ok here the other part to it has a blown engine right now so its not really for sale, but he getting it fixed at toyota (BHG) and he not getting a MHG but getting it retorqued properly. after it has been rebuilt he is going to sell it. It had 250,000km on it too so is that alot of km even with a rebuild?? and should I expect other problems?? He asking 5,750 canadian for it and im going to get more info as to what else was done to it. only thing that worries me is the high km so i need all the info i can get from you guys and your opions thnx a ton.

oo and here some more info, yeah the body like perfect. its completey stock some older guy drove at his summer car. maturly driven none of that 18 year old red line shit.. probaly why the engine made it all the way up to 250,000km on the orginal head gaket. its got the keyless entry option too hahah. it's been good maintened with liek new alternator, exausht stuff liek the u know just regular maintence. but its bone stock even orginal tape deck

-brett M.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
It all depends how YOU drive it or how it is driven after the rebuild. U get a BHG from the high pressure, driving the car hard or having high boost (If I'm wrong I'm sorry, I'm an NA also I just read about turbo BHGs :D). If it was torqued with ARPs then it should be fine, if not it will most likely need a retorque at 500 and possibly 1000 miles. U'd be much better of buying this car, a MHG and some ARP's. U won't need to get the head machined, maybe just clean it up a bit and slap on the MHG and bolt it down, since it's fairly new. From an NA to an NA, I say go for it if you have the cash.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,091 Posts
Car looks good in the pictures. I don't like the banner and I think it looks retarded when people replace the stock foglights with those stupid dinky little ones that dont fill in the gap.
U won't need to get the head machined, maybe just clean it up a bit and slap on the MHG and bolt it down, since it's fairly new
Whenever installing a MHG it is always in your best interest to get the block and head shaved to create the smoothest surface possible since the MHG won't conform or fill any irregularities that a composite one might. You could probably save yourself a lot of money if you bought it as is and did the HG job yourself. That is if you have the time and resources to do so. Good luck.

·
Registered
391 Posts
doom26462 said:
is there something wrong with the aluminum one if its torqued properly?? i heard either a mhg or the aluminum one torqued properly is good
the stock HG is not aluminium if that's what ur implying....

Andriy

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Stock HG is usually meant for NA's when doing a bhg job (With ARPs of course). Most turbos go either the cometic route or metal, due to the better durability to the power demands. Like I said if it's the stock HG it will need to be rechecked and retorqued at 500 and 1000 miles.

·
daredevil racecar builder
2,091 Posts
Stock HG is usually meant for NA's when doing a bhg job (With ARPs of course). Most turbos go either the cometic route or metal, due to the better durability to the power demands. Like I said if it's the stock HG it will need to be rechecked and retorqued at 500 and 1000 miles.
You might want to search for better info on this board or around the web. A few members have detailed info on changing the headgasket, swapping from NA to turbo, etc. It'd be a better idea than listening to post whores imo.
I'm no car expert here but half of the stuff I see you posting is retarded.

The stock headgasket is fine and will last if the job is done correctly. I'm boosting daily and have gone on 3-4 hour long trips at a time and put numerous miles on it.
You'll be fine on either a composite or metal headgasket as long as the job was done correctly (preparation,torquing,etc.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts