Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK the only time I have practiced taking off on my car was when it was stock w/ a FMIC,.. It usually gets to 2,200 befor the wheels start to spin,..

Now considering that I just installed an ATR DP/exhaust, and the GBCC/SAFC will be goin in next week. How will my stall be affected? Do you still think ill be taking off at 2,200 or what?

For boost Im gonna do the VSV mod, and run pure 100oct.
Should i do the spring/wg mod just in case,..?

Thinking best case scenario <sp> here, I have been reading a majority of the morning and seeing people like hotsoup fun very low 12 in ideal conditions,..
I have a set of MT's should I run them? Everyone says that they make 2-3 tenths of a second defference,.. would this also apply to a stock stall MKIV?

With the MT's and mabey ebrake, think i could get it to stall a few hundred rpms higher?

Thanks alot guys and I did search,.. and I think I have it figured out, its just that this is going to be my first time taking the car to the track, and all my cousins will be there with their LS1's.. I not only wanna beat them, but I also would like to shut them up. They do alot of trash talking..

TIA

Ramiro

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
If the MTs are drag radials, run them. Street tires absolutely suck at the track. If they are ET Streets, you will not want to considering it's your first time at the track.

My best advice would be to sneak in a night of practice at the track before you show up with your cousins. Worst case scenario would be to just get there a couple hours before they do.

Oh yeah, hopefully you have disabled the TRAC in one way or another and not listened to the forum sissys and left it enabled.

May the Force be with you!

John H

·
Hardtopper
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds great

Yes good call on the headlight,.. heres what I plan on running the car with..

1.ATR DP/EXT
2.BCC
3.SAFC
4.Pulled Trac Fuse
5.Reset/Pull EFI Fuse
6.Gapping the spark plugs to .30
7.VSV/Spring mod
8.Removing Headlight
9.Drag Radials

and of course I have my Boost, and EGT gauges setup, the FJO is goin in as well..

with the 100oct i feel pretty confifent pulling a mid 12. Thats my goal, any more than that is icing on the cake...

Anyone else,.. Am I forgetting anything?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
i went 12.6 @ 113 with jsut and dp/exhaust and free mods on my auto.

look at your boost guage and see if your lossing boost to redline, if so, after the track, do the spring mod.

Reset the ecu for atleast 10 minutes at the track then start the car up and let it idle for a few.

I can stall to 2200rpm with on the foot brake and build a good bit of boost, if i use the ebrake i can build 14psi off the line, but i would blow my street tires away. Do a good 5-8 second burnout. If you pull a 1.8 60, consider it VERY good on the stock stall

pulling the headlight can benift some, it gets cold, ram air into the engine.

Pull the trac fuse and leave the car is D.

My guess is you best will be 12.3 @ 116

1 - 8 of 8 Posts