Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just swap the motor in my supra and when i start the car it start good without any pro but when i acceleration it will come and die any body can tell me what could be wthe pro thaxx guys

·
Registered
240 Posts
afm? tps? timing? any vacumm leaks?

·
Registered
240 Posts
ok, check where the wastegate acuater(in the front of the turbo) (don't know how to spell it) is and check if that little hose is connected; then check to see if the vacumm line that runs in the front of the motor is connected to the power steering like needed; then once you get the accordian hose back on make sure that the little hose is connected to the bottom of the accordian; also check if all the vacumms are correct for the heater accuator...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think the vacumme line right front of the acuator in the rubber hose wher that vacumme line suppose to connect

·
Registered
240 Posts
into the turbo....

·
Registered
240 Posts
k, lemme know...

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
AFM, make sure its plugged in. thats what happens when the afm is bad/no connected, it idles but as soon as u hit the throttke itll shut down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok still the same but i was getting the code 24 31 52 and i change the afm and i put the lexus afm from my other car still the same it rap up good but when i leave the gas paddle it will come to about 500 rpm and sputter and shut down

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
definately AFM, dirty, bad, maybe both going bad or not working? wiring to the AFM rigged?

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
24 is your mass air signal, afm it is

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
^^run thru the wiring to the jack that goes on the AFM, see if theres any point where it may look rip, burn, pulled etc.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Boost leak? Check your IC pipes. A huge leak will allow your car to idle, but when you try to go, it'll just die on you.

It'll throw a bunch of codes at you too. I didn't bother to check the codes though. Most of them are worthless.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts