Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I am running a built tranny with a PI converter and I had a leak develop which seemed to come from the tranny input seal. I took off the trans, replaced the input seal along with the front tranny cover seal, reinstalled the trans and took it out for a drive. At first everything is OK, no leaks of any kind. Then I decide to drive through a pretty stepe garage to warm up the trans fluid. I get to the top, look underneath and it's dripping fresh trans fluid right where the bellhousing meets the engine again! I checked the fuild level and I was just a tad over the lowest mark on "warm" (or "hot"), so it can't be overflowing.

What's going on here. Pulling my trans for the 2nd time isn't what I was planning on doing but it looks like I'm going to have to again. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be going on.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
sounds like something went wrong with the seals. when you pull it back out, take the seals out and see if there is any scoring on the case or any other type of damage on the tranny. also look at the TC and make sure its ok too. good luck.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could the pump cover have cracked?

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one else has any ideas?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
supralover93 said:
sounds like something went wrong with the seals. when you pull it back out, take the seals out and see if there is any scoring on the case or any other type of damage on the tranny. also look at the TC and make sure its ok too. good luck.
Ditto..check as said above. You will only know for sure when you pull it out again..good luck! :rofl:

·
Banned
2,132 Posts
take out the trans and converter... inspect the hub of the converter... its normal to see a little bit of wear, but if you notice that there is more wear on one side of the hub than the other, that means your converter isnt straight

this sounds similar to what happened to me and jermaine (c54now)... it ended up being my converter pulling out my pump seal

this can also be due to an alignment issue, if you notice too much wear around the entire hub, that means that the converter isnt aligned properly and is rubbing up against the seal...

and finally... did you check your pressures? too much pressure can make a seal go pop! like a weasel

btw.. ive had 4 failures in my a340e before i decided to go th400... and i named 3 of them in this post

·
ˆê”Ô ƒGƒAƒ�ƒgƒv‚d‚q
1,039 Posts
Did you replace the pump O-ring? I'm not sure from what I read....

Ishii

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I replaced the o-ring along with the shaft seal.

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
did this ever get fixed....if so...what did you do? Im about to put in a built tranny, but i think he said that front shaft seal needs to be replaced....ive got that here ready to go....any ideas??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts