Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done putting my engine back in the car after going single with a BL67 and fuel. I also added a Map Ecu to the car in the process and now my mechanic is having a few problems. He's a master tech at my dads Toyota Dealership so he is good, but doesn't know that much about aftermarket stuff.

The problem is, we are not getting any power to the main efi relay after we got everything installed. Also, the circuit opening relay is not working with the MAF removed.

If anyone can help me or has had this happen to them I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks, Curt.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
1,020 Posts
If you are referring to the EFI #1 relay, verify first that the EFI #1 fuse isn't blown.
If the fuse is OK, then you'll want to verify that the engine wiring harness is connected VERY WELL at the ECU. This is a problem that can be tough to figure out...make sure to PUSH the wiring harness onto the ECU while you are tightening the 10mm set screw that holds it on. Even if it looks as though it's connected well, do this again anyway.
When your ECU gets a signal saying your ignition switch is on, it sends a bit of voltage from it's MAIN RELAY pin to turn on the #1 EFI relay (giving power to several sensors), which in turn switches on the #2 EFI relay that turns on your fuel pump. So, it is likely that when you installed the MAP ECU wiring that you didn't connect the OEM wiring harness tightly enough to the OEM ECU to have a good connection. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts