Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm debating whether to rebuild my 7mgte or just to buy a jspec. gimme your opinions what would be the best choice and please include some links of either where i can get a decent priced rebuild kit w/ oil pump. or where i can get a decent reliable.... jspec. all input is appreciated. thanx

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
im prob the minority, but the quality of a toyota block is usually a lot better than some random shop. If you can inspect the engines and make sure that the one you pick up is good, my vote goes for JDM, if youre just gonna order one, then rebuild. Ordering a jdm online seems like a risk to me.

Ang

·
HKS T51R
2,732 Posts
i agree about ordering a jdm engine. You dont know what your getting, like how it runs and stuff. A picture can only show so much. But jdm engines are pretty cheap anyways. Suprastore have a rebuild kit http://www.suprastore.com/enginepackages.html you can get the oil pump from toyota, or im sure you could get a rebuilt one. ill try find the post about where people buy jdm engines...i keep getting the server is overloaded error so ill try later.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx guys i actually have decided to rebuild so that i can save trouble later down the road and do some internal work now while i have it apart. rather tear it apart once than twice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts