Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for the cheapest radiator and MHG/ARP bolt set I can find, the plastic radiator on my car developes a hole, then I find out that I may have a bhg because I hear a slight watery sound when I start it and it idles rough for 1-2 seconds. But I dont think its loosing coolant through the headgasket because the radiator leaks so badly. Its a really tough situation because Im a college student paying my way through school and I just cant afford to fix things like this all at once..but I also dont wanna ruin the whole care because I love the dang thing so much. Now everyone is telling me "see those foreign cars are not worth a penny, and a turbo is just bottom line a stupid system to run, never have they made a turbo system that doesnt fail" and so on and so on. I try argueing with them..but being grease monkeys they beleive they will always have a better grasps on mechanics on my cars weither they've ever worked on a supra or not. anyways. I have a 89 turbo 5 speed. it has a 90 engine in it, new clutch and a new r-154(?) tranny. the guy I purchased it from is a transmition guy and he did all the work himself. and he also owns a 92 turbo. the engine that was originally in it had 134K on it and a BHG so he snagged a engine out of a 90 and slapped it in with 80K on it. but it seems I have been overzealous with my car or something and already blew the HG on it...but its funny because I dont even drive my car hard...mabey a spirited 0-80 once a day...mabey..thats it. well anyways...thanks in advance for all the help and links with prices would be the best..i'd buy from MVP but they are just way too expensive...400+ for radiators is crazy...but I did notice they were all aluminum pieces...but Im just looking for something to hold me over for the winter. thanks much.

-89wooosh

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
FYI: you might want to post yuor exact needs rather then a whole explanation...... or at least seperate it into paragrpahs lol......also we have a for sale section for mk3s and you can post a wtb ad there.

good luck!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks guys. yea I have decided to try fixing just the radiator first then go from there. thanks for the advice and guidance, and yes next time paragraphs will be a addition :)

-89wooosh

W

·
0 Posts
ahh.. another newbie... :doh: .. and your username is way to similar to mine..:nono: :rant:

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
As for the radiator.... NAPA man. Can't hardly beat the price.
As for the MHG and ARP's... just about any speedshop can help you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts