Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends wife just called me after picking up their 97 twin from the shop. It just stoped on the side of the road and one of the rear wheels is locked. She just had suspension put on the car. It drove fine for a bit and then one of the rears locked up. He is on his way there now and so am I but we are not sure what it could be. Did they jack up the parking break? Locked caliper? What do I check first? The shop is closed at this point. Any idea before I leave?

·
GO 'Cats!
1,001 Posts
My first thought is the differential, somehow one half got frozen. Definitely check the calipers and all suspension components (the last thing done usually is what screws it up). Hope this helps at least some. Definitely tow if it isn't readily obvious and fixable. WHat type of suspension just curious?

·
So bin ich eben
59 Posts
Thanks to synyster for posting my problem. Turns out the idiots who just put the suspention on left the top bolt out of the driver rear break caliper. Of course this stranded my wife and daughter on the way home from the shop. They heard the initial thud and pulled into a parking lot and couldn't figure out what was wrong other than the driver rear wheel wasn't spinning properly. When I finally got to the car I jacked up the car, I rotated the wheel and the whole caliper moved. That is seriously fucked up, especially since it was my family in the car! Needless to say the shop will be getting a call from me in the morning, and they better have my bolt.

·
So bin ich eben
59 Posts
WHat type of suspension just curious?
Espelir Springs, KYB 4-way adjustable shocks and R2 Racing suspention bushings. The wife said the car road great, I only got to drive my wounded ride back to the house at 20mph.

·
Blue Thunder
3,600 Posts
They took off the caliper to replace the shocks/springs?
That's the hard way. Hopefully everything is OK. Time to find
another shop.....

ps: which bushings did they replace? I'm guessing control arms?

·
The Good Doctor
1,884 Posts
Thanks to synyster for posting my problem. Turns out the idiots who just put the suspention on left the top bolt out of the driver rear break caliper. Of course this stranded my wife and daughter on the way home from the shop. They heard the initial thud and pulled into a parking lot and couldn't figure out what was wrong other than the driver rear wheel wasn't spinning properly. When I finally got to the car I jacked up the car, I rotated the wheel and the whole caliper moved. That is seriously fucked up, especially since it was my family in the car! Needless to say the shop will be getting a call from me in the morning, and they better have my bolt.

if you could i think its important to know what shop did this for future reference even though i don't live in TX. i personally would never go back to that shop!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess it helps when the shop puts both bolts that hold the caliper back on. There was only one bolt on and the other was missing. How the fuck does a shop miss that. :hay:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts