Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the topic suggest, my brake pads are so loud its driving me crazy. I finally got the back tires to be quiet somehow, but now the fronts just screech 24/7. So if anyone has a good brand for QUIET / non-shreaking brake pads for the front wheels plz lmk!

Rob~

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i have HAWK pads. they're like carbon fiber non - abestos something i have no idea. Kinda like what the TRD pads were like. But they dont ever screech, now only cause ive worn them down a lil ...

·
Very Senior Member
9,950 Posts
you better determine whether it's the pad-to-rotor surface that's squealing or between pad and caliper.
If the pad-to-rotor is squealing, you need to have them re-surfaced or replaced.
They can also squeal alot with the pads vibrating against the caliper.
Put some "brake quiet" on them.
I did.

Also - post stuff like this in Tech.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya and while we're at it whats the best brand / type rotors can u get with some good brake pads? its summer and everyone has their windows down so i need this screeching problem fixed asap

Rob~

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SilverTT said:
stick with the stock pads and rotors. Get some of that brake quiet stuff i put tons of it on the pads...that should take car of it
you got a product # or a name or brand or something for that? cause i have no idea what this brake quiet stuff is... i tried asking the NTB ppl , but they just gave me dumb looks

Rob~

·
Registered
532 Posts
StaticX313 said:

you got a product # or a name or brand or something for that? cause i have no idea what this brake quiet stuff is... i tried asking the NTB ppl , but they just gave me dumb looks

Rob~
thats b/c at ntb they only kno about batteries, wheels and tires lol.....hence the name ntb, national tirea and battery. go to autozone or pepboys, its called brake disc quiet. my brakes use to be horrible too, but now they have quieted down substansially but they still squeel everynow and then. the best pads are the stock pads, as are brakes are good already from the factory, as im sure u kno already. unless u roadrace autox on the weekends all the time, or just roadrace and autox thru traffic on the way to work, yes u may want some better pads or even a whole brake upgrade. ive said it b4, i'll say it again, imo, i dont think spending 2k or more for a new brake system is worth it just to stop a few feet shorter.

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
"DISC BRAKE QUIET" part#127ma made by Permatex ,follow the instructions on the can.

Also use "ANTI-SEIZE LUBRICANT" part#133K made by Permatex.You should use it on the pad edges ,all contact hardware,and pad pins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts