Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my '82, threw a rod built new engine, liked it.
Anyone know where I can get a replacement hatch?
Mine is rusted through (as most are). I already found a body kit, and everything else I need I just need that damned hatch! After I get all the cosmetic stuff done, I'm going to do the engine/drive train and make her even faster! HAHAHAHAH!!!!
I was clocked at over 160mph as it is, now I need to drop my quarter mile time.........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've kinda figured that out. I found ONE on ebay, but it had
'minor rust'. Do you happen to know if an 84 or 85 hatch would fit? The electronic may be different, but I can set something up
if at least the size fits.

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Don't know from personal experience, but I'm almost certain they'd fit.

...you can get ones in the southwest with no rust... plenty in AZ IIRC.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hatches are exactly the same with the exception of the full surround wing and shade on the newer ones, I believe the 86 has a third brake light under the wing. but all are mechanically the same.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip. I can broaden my search now. Hopefully I won't have to spend more than $500 on one.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey 82MK2 - I have an extra wing. It is in perfect condition and has all the mounting brackets. If you want it let me know...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How's $150 sound and you pick up the shipping?

I really have no idea what its worth - sound right guys?

I'll accept paypal:
[email protected]

and my info:
Scott Holbrook
801 University Ave SE Apt. 12
Minneapolis, MN 55414

Just get me your shipping addy and I can have it in the mail this weekend.

Scott

·
Registered
317 Posts
great price, however I just got terminated from my job. It sucks... all my money is going to car payments (yes im making payments on my '82) and insurance. I should have another job within the month so if you would'nt mind holding it for me? that would be cool. if not I'll find one somwhere.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
82 - No problem man the wing has been sitting around for a while now. I was thinking of putting it on my 82 once she gets repainted but now I am leaning towards an adjustable aluminum wing. I feel your pain on the job bro- hell I got a job and it doesn't pay enough!

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Check out local junkyards. I just picked up a perfect hatch w/ wing from an 86 for $75. I've got an extra black, wingless, tinted one with a small, golfball-sizrd dent in it if you are interested. Real cheap but I live in Texas so shipping would be high.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts