Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the notorious targa leak and had all parts ready to swap them out.
I was just wondering if anyone has experience with replacing the front and rear seals. I have the FSM and it looks pretty straight forward.
I just hope none of the screws have loctite on them. I tried removing the dome light and the sun visors but some of the screws are hard to take out and I was worried I'll strip them.

I replaced the side seals. 3M butyl tape and Weather Stripping adhesive was applied to the molding before the seals were placed on. It looked like the butyl tape was a little thick and the seals stick out a little. When the door is closed, the window pinches in certain spots and don't line up correctly with the older F&R seals. Also when driving I can hear air traveling in the gaps between the F&R seals. Should I redo these seals or will these problems go away when I replace the F&R?

Thanks
-Mike

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have changed them. I dont remember any issues to be honest. I did the front ones and the rears. They are pretty self explanatory.

As for the wind noise, it could be an air void in between the new sides and the old seals. Maybe it will go away when you put the new ones in...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey soop,
thanks for the reply.
Yea i was thinking that the void is because i didn't change the F&R seals yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts