Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this will be my very first dyno... well them tuning my car so i dont know what to expect lol.

but anyways i been thinking about those two since there are only 30 minutes away from me.

wich one would you guys choose?

im running safc with vpc.

oh quick question about the vpc.
when i get it tuned the knob has to be all at 12oclock?

price is important so wich one tune faster?

any info that you know about the two shops please lmk.
thx

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
i never deal with any of them but my friend says fftec is a rip off

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
tune it yourself! Air/fuel is way too easy and vpc should be all 12 o clock. I recommend blacktrax though my car is right there right now and they do great work. If you want john reed is coming down to tune my car at blacktrax so you can talk to him about pricing

·
Registered
243 Posts
FFTEC all the way. Sean is a great tuner and their prices are pretty damn good. All my work is done by FFTEC and I've had no complaints yet on the quality and great customer service.

·
Captain Cool
1,452 Posts
1StockEvo said:
FFTEC all the way. Sean is a great tuner and their prices are pretty damn good. All my work is done by FFTEC and I've had no complaints yet on the quality and great customer service.
sorry to hear about your evo Abe,,,Bri told me all about it,,,fuckin sucks,,,

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
neostreamsupra said:
tune it yourself! Air/fuel is way too easy and vpc should be all 12 o clock. I recommend blacktrax though my car is right there right now and they do great work. If you want john reed is coming down to tune my car at blacktrax so you can talk to him about pricing
i wish i can but i have no wideband. i plan on getting one later so this would have to do for now. plus i wanna know what my car will put out ^_^.

hmm seems like both have mix opinion... i guess im ganna go to who ever has the opening first. unless one is super expensive lol.

thx for the infos

·
me me me me me me!!!
483 Posts
i'm going maft pro cause of it's features and i want to get my car tuned pretty soon, but none of these shops probably know anything about it yet or could they just immediately understand.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
tunaman said:
i'm going maft pro cause of it's features and i want to get my car tuned pretty soon, but none of these shops probably know anything about it yet or could they just immediately understand.
I think the MAFT was designed initially for mitsubishis,Or were designed by some mitsibishi tuners..( I don't know i forget ) , so anyone who tunes Mitsus should know about it for sure.
I know for a fact that FFTEC does tune quite a lot of Misubishis and such, I'm sure Blacktrax does the same.
Your car was tuned at FFTEC

·
Registered
231 Posts
I believe someone at blacktrax told me they've done the maft pro before. Jay did my tuning at blacktrax, did a really good job, i'm taking my car back there after i drop in the new motor. I hear good things about both places.

·
TE44 NA-T
1,026 Posts
I know blacktrax is $185/hr for tuning. Does anybody know what FFTEC charges?

·
me me me me me me!!!
483 Posts
SUPRASTANGER507mgte said:
I think the MAFT was designed initially for mitsubishis,Or were designed by some mitsibishi tuners..( I don't know i forget ) , so anyone who tunes Mitsus should know about it for sure.
I know for a fact that FFTEC does tune quite a lot of Misubishis and such, I'm sure Blacktrax does the same.
Your car was tuned at FFTEC
that's true, if you go maft-pro's site it has it available for the 3000gt's and eclipse's. the reason i'm changing to the maft pro is it has the ability to run speed density so the car will run super smooth, it's software is going to be constantly updated with free downloads, it runs directly off of a wideband, and it also has a built in boost controller if you get the vacuum solnoid.

but it's only been available for the mk3 for a limited time so i doubt anyone at those shops has tuned a 7m with the maft-pro. but i guess if their good enough it shouldn't matter they can figure it out from tuning maft-pro on some mitsu cars.

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
+1 for blacktrax!

·
TOO broke MK3
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1jz-power said:
well wy dont you call us at blacktrax 408 946 2900 mon - fri 11 am - 6 pm. ask for jei. hes the tunning pro.
i will soon... but im trying to get peoples opinion since people that work there are ofcource bias ^_^...

and mostlikely blacktrax. stupid fftec wont answer my phone call. :scratch:

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
sportinct26 said:
i will soon... but im trying to get peoples opinion since people that work there are ofcource bias ^_^...

and mostlikely blacktrax. stupid fftec wont answer my phone call. :scratch:
They were closed a few days. Leave em a message, they DO call back.

·
Banned
38 Posts
Hey guys,

This is Jerry from Full Function. It all depends on what you'd like to have tuned, but our prices are pretty competitive. We charge $200 for 3D mapping, and $165 for piggy back tuning. This is on our Mustang dyno with a wideband. If you were to ask me personally, between Sean and the tuner at Blacktrax, I wouldnt be able to tell you who is better, we've never seen their tuning and like wise for them I'd assume.

As for the person saying we are "stupid" FFTEC not answering the phone, I dont know what to say. We are busy alot of the time, and we can not hear the phone over the dyno when there are cars on it. If you leave a message, I'm sure someone would have called you back. If no one did, then I'm sorry. If you simply called and did not leave a message, then there is notihng I could have done for you. We are open from 11:00 to 6:00 everyday except Sundays. We occasionally take days off to support the cars we sponser at the track.

If you would like to swing by, our address is posted below. If there is anytihng I can do for you otherwise, feel free to send me a PM or give me a call. Thanks guys, for all the support.

Jerry
Full Funciton Technology
1260 Pacific St.
Union City, CA. 94587
510-475-5855 tel.
510-475-5840 fax
www.fftec.com

1 - 20 of 20 Posts