Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well all good things must come to an end...

i need the car smog... so i will be restoring it to full stock... :freak:

anyways any trick and tip that you guys wanna share to help me get a higher percent chance of passing the smog?

i know that you need to drive the car right b4 you smog it to heat up the cat but thats all i know....

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
HPfreack_mk3 said:
well all good things must come to an end...

i need the car smog... so i will be restoring it to full stock... :freak:

anyways any trick and tip that you guys wanna share to help me get a higher percent chance of passing the smog?

i know that you need to drive the car right b4 you smog it to heat up the cat but thats all i know....
For CA just have all emission stuff back in, all the vacuum hoses correctly and good cats and a good running motor and your good.. aight peace :chicken:

btw, moved to CA section

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Just make sure you drive it around for a while to get the cats good and hot. It would help if the smog guy pulls it right in and they should heat them up also on the dyno.

Lawrence

·
Old School
4,126 Posts
A stock twin car in good mechanical shape, using the stock DP, all emmissions equipment installed and functional should have NO trouble passing smog.

Mine's been smogged 3 times now. Two times with colder plugs. Still passes with a lot of room to spare. No extended driving to heat up the cats.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Alchohol burns much cleaner than petroleum. Enough said.

~Alan

EDIT: Oh, and high octane gas has a higher combustion temperature and therefore leaves more unburt gasoline at lower temps. Low octane burns more thoroughly.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Ive always wondered if the 12v fuel pump mod or TTC would have any bearing on smog check. Obviously not for visual stuff, but maybe on the roller/sniffer?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
although technically illegal b/c you're changing vacuum hoses, i passed TTC w/ stock exhaust, airbox, & EGR. the hoses are so complex i don't think most shops care (or even notice) as long as you pass visual on everything else.

also, to echo lagtime's comments, once i fixed my EGR hoses, i passed w/o much trouble and the car sat cold for at least 1 hour.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
2 things:
- there was a small crack on the underside of a hose
- the routing per the FSM is incorrect

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,003 Posts
smog is only once every other year right?

from the people ive asked, ive heard once every 2 or 4 years, but i just got another smog notice for this year even though i smogged last year. did the dmv make a mistake?

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,003 Posts
RSA Supra said:
It's every 2 years. You get any tickets recently?
Nope, ive been clean since '03 for tickets (knocks on wood), and that was in my civic anyways.

so it is a mistake?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts