Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay this is my problem

I have Haltac 2000 on my car, and the car had 1000RWP

I have a lot of a Traction control problem and I saw a lot of people had accident because they lose their Traction.

What can I do to prevent having this issue ?

Is there an ECU or something that I can get and will work on my car that help me on that ?

I know that Motec have Traction control on their ECU but the problem is I just got my Haltac and I don't want to spend more money on Motec. Any Ideas ?

BTW, the place where I live don't have a track so I can practice :( and I saw people with 600BHP had accidents before

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
larry burning the midnight oil ftw

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
the guy who posted above me is larry from sp and he is up @ 2 am...... and he is right pro efi ftw! the traction control is one of the more useful features for a street car imo

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the guy who posted above me is larry from sp and he is up @ 2 am...... and he is right pro efi ftw! the traction control is one of the more useful features for a street car imo
Thanks to clear that dude :D

I really would like to know more about it and how it works with big HP like my car

Is there any idea rather than ProEFI ?

·
FUCK JDM
3,933 Posts
being that you just bought a haltech and you dont feel like going another ems, Racelogic is the next best thing... everyone that has it swears by it and all these yrs being on the forum, never heard 1 bad review

·
Registered
13,583 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,649 Posts
ProEFI has the best by far traction control.
Compared to what and for what purpose?

being that you just bought a haltech and you dont feel like going another ems, Racelogic is the next best thing... everyone that has it swears by it and all these yrs being on the forum, never heard 1 bad review
Anyone have race logic traction control on his car ? can any one give me feedback before getting one
I have the Race Logic in both of my cars. IMO, it's the best TC available for our cars. Get it and you won't have to make compromises by installing rear tires that can only go fast in a straight line. You can put a sticky street tire on the car (Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, for instance) and hook well enough to strain your neck muscles (and canyon carve as God intended). More importantly, you do not have to waste one of the world's great suspensions by limiting it to going fast only in a straight line. With the proper speed rated street tire, it will allow you to use all that motor has to give when racing other fast cars and bikes and such. Good luck with your decision.

Ken.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I have the Race Logic in both of my cars. IMO, it's the best TC available for our cars. Get it and you won't have to make compromises by installing rear tires that can only go fast in a straight line. You can put a sticky street tire on the car (Michelin Pilot Sport Cups, for instance) and hook well enough to strain your neck muscles (and canyon carve as God intended). More importantly, you do not have to waste one of the world's great suspensions by limiting it to going fast only in a straight line. With the proper speed rated street tire, it will allow you to use all that motor has to give when racing other fast cars and bikes and such. Good luck with your decision.

Ken.
Did you lose power when you put it on your car ?

Always I'll use my car for street drag race. Just to have an idea how much power do you make on your cars sir ?

·
Performance 1st Looks 5th
525 Posts
Did you lose power when you put it on your car ?

Always I'll use my car for street drag race. Just to have an idea how much power do you make on your cars sir ?

RLTC will allow you to hook whatever your tires and surface allow.

you can choose how much slip the RLTC should allow also. You need to read the website, There are a couple of people who use it now on SF and they like it.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
I'm looking at some vids on YouTube about the PreEFI, but how it works ? I'm afraid to take my car to a spin and the middle of the spin I'll lose it and ......

The proefi traction control utilizes the factory wheel speed sensors to detect tire spin. Then it will reduce engine power by a variety of ways. First by reducing timing, then by lowering boost, then by cutting cylinders all depending on the severity and longevity of the spin.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts

Ken.

Compared to any of the available other traction control systems out there. Whether it be road racing, drag racing, street driving. With the ability to monitor wheel speed and rate of acceleration of the engine the ProEFI can be configured specifically to reduce power in MANY ways. The amount of spin, rate of acceleration and severity of the power cut is completely user adjustable at all speeds. I know that the race logic works fairly well but trust me Ken, I have used both and there really is no comparison. When we took a 650 RWHP supra to a drag strip on a poorly prepped track for testing, the best it would do with the traction off was mid 12s. With it on it went multiple 10.0's at ~ 140. Also ask Reid how his car did on the road course a few weeks ago with it!!

·
Super Moderator
10,649 Posts
Compared to any of the available other traction control systems out there. Whether it be road racing, drag racing, street driving. With the ability to monitor wheel speed and rate of acceleration of the engine the ProEFI can be configured specifically to reduce power in MANY ways. The amount of spin, rate of acceleration and severity of the power cut is completely user adjustable at all speeds. I know that the race logic works fairly well but trust me Ken, I have used both and there really is no comparison. When we took a 650 RWHP supra to a drag strip on a poorly prepped track for testing, the best it would do with the traction off was mid 12s. With it on it went multiple 10.0's at ~ 140. Also ask Reid how his car did on the road course a few weeks ago with it!!
Can't trust you on this one, Larry. You are a ProEFI dealer and the biggest proponent on SF of that EMS. I wouldn't expect you to say anything else as a result. After all, you and Jason S were AEM true believers at one time and we know how that turned out. Now, the latest and greatest for the both of you is the ProEFI. I've heard and read great things about this platform but when someone with no dog in the fight tests both systems, then it may mean something. I'm sure Reid was impressed. After all, it's the first time he's had any type of TC in his car (other than stock and assuming he had that). Everything you say could be true, but there is no way to know for sure because you have offered no evidence, and saying it's so doesn't make it so. I am sure you are aware of what racing circles the Race Logic was developed in until traction control was outlawed, so its pedigree is pretty well established. Time marches on, however, so I would be pretty happy to be proven wrong.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Any other Race logic users? How much does it cost? I am happy with the traction control offered by Proefi.

·
Slo-vertible Drifter
815 Posts
If the Haltech has two available analog inputs and the software allows compairitors with proper ignition control you could just make your own wheel speed indicator. I found a low cost schematic a few years ago. It is probably the same way the newer systems do it.

·
Boost Junkie
12,664 Posts
I had the Racelogic and will be getting the PRO EFI installed by SP next month. I'll report back with my findings. I will say it will be hard to be the RLTC.

Steve

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Can't trust you on this one, Larry. You are a ProEFI dealer and the biggest proponent on SF of that EMS. I wouldn't expect you to say anything else as a result. After all, you and Jason S were AEM true believers at one time and we know how that turned out. Now, the latest and greatest for the both of you is the ProEFI. I've heard and read great things about this platform but when someone with no dog in the fight tests both systems, then it may mean something. I'm sure Reid was impressed. After all, it's the first time he's had any type of TC in his car (other than stock and assuming he had that). Everything you say could be true, but there is no way to know for sure because you have offered no evidence, and saying it's so doesn't make it so. I am sure you are aware of what racing circles the Race Logic was developed in until traction control was outlawed, so its pedigree is pretty well established. Time marches on, however, so I would be pretty happy to be proven wrong.
I'm 100% agree with you. We need evidence that will prove it does what you were stating Sound Performance

1 - 20 of 77 Posts