Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
1993 Car
477 Posts
So the RLTC is a separate box that need to be wired in? I'm sure it is quite good, but the fact that I want an ECU and traction control is making me lean towards a proEFI.

·
VP of anti-SSS
356 Posts
Had RLTC sold it and my ecu for a motec m800

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa-YzFXm8Js

At that time it was a drag radial record!! Over 2500 HP on a drag radial all controlled by ProEFI traction control!!
Thank you for the link

BTW I saw the vid and later onn I found two vid for the same guy, his name is Paul Major and the something which I saw it's little confused. The vids which I found Paul Major had crashes on his vett

Here are the links below :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkj8xN0rjvc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oznXoUVsuC8&feature=related

So does the ProEFI in his car and had those crashes ? I think they are in his car and still the car slipped and hit the wall

I really need someone to clear this one for me please

·
Goes Vroom Pshh now
2,772 Posts
TC will not make you into a racecar driver, it still takes skill to keep it straight

·
Super Moderator
10,649 Posts
Thank you for the link

BTW I saw the vid and later onn I found two vid for the same guy, his name is Paul Major and the something which I saw it's little confused. The vids which I found Paul Major had crashes on his vett

So does the ProEFI in his car and had those crashes ? I think they are in his car and still the car slipped and hit the wall

TC will not make you into a racecar driver, it still takes skill to keep it straight
Indeed.

You are assuming the traction control played a role in his crashes. Traction control as discussed in this thread assists the driver in getting the most out of the car. It is not a safety nanny that prevents accidents, although it can do that in the hands of a skillful driver. My position regarding the MoTec traction control is the same as it is relative to the ProEFI. No proof exists that it is better than the RLTC, nor is there proof, to my knowledge, that the RLTC is superior to the ProEFI or the MoTec (I believe the RLTC is superior because of its pedigree and how it was developed, but I have no proof of that). Having observed the effectiveness of the ProEFI many times when personally watching Saad Saad run a bunch of 8-second quarter miles, I am quite impressed. That said, the vast majority of RLTC guys are road racers and I am just as impressed with the RLTC in this type of racing as I am with the ProEFI in drag racing. That's why independent third party proof is needed before someone can say unequivocally that one system is better than another. q8 Supra, I am not sure anyone can help you with your decision. It seems as though you are more into drag racing. If this is the case, it would be hard to argue against the ProEFI based upon what I have personally observed. Good luck with your decision.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
Thank you for the link

Here are the links below :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkj8xN0rjvc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oznXoUVsuC8&feature=related

The ProEFI was installed after the crash to prevent it from happening again!

Look at the dates of the videos. The ProEFi was installed in Oct of 2010.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
Indeed.

You are assuming the traction control played a role in his crashes. Traction control as discussed in this thread assists the driver in getting the most out of the car. It is not a safety nanny that prevents accidents, although it can do that in the hands of a skillful driver. My position regarding the MoTec traction control is the same as it is relative to the ProEFI. No proof exists that it is better than the RLTC, nor is there proof, to my knowledge, that the RLTC is superior to the ProEFI or the MoTec (I believe the RLTC is superior because of its pedigree and how it was developed, but I have no proof of that). Having observed the effectiveness of the ProEFI many times when personally watching Saad Saad run a bunch of 8-second quarter miles, I am quite impressed. That said, the vast majority of RLTC guys are road racers and I am just as impressed with the RLTC in this type of racing as I am with the ProEFI in drag racing. That's why independent third party proof is needed before someone can say unequivocally that one system is better than another. q8 Supra, I am not sure anyone can help you with your decision. It seems as though you are more into drag racing. If this is the case, it would be hard to argue against the ProEFI based upon what I have personally observed. Good luck with your decision.

Ken.

Well stated as always!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
As stated many times Proefi has a lot of nice features for the money that most others dont have. Is it the best? I dont know but I would buy one ten times over again and I can say this knowing friends who have AEM, xfi, Big stuff 3, Old school gen 6 dfi,megasquirt, etc. I like mine and have converted quite a few. As the old saying goes dont knock it till u try it.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Man I didnt read this thread Just saw your issue, ProEfi without a doubt if your having issues and are upgrading.. shits the top

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
im going to finally wire mine up this weekend
You are gonna love it Bob, hammer down with piece of mind. Let me know how it goes. I might try to go out crusing around a little later.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts