Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
NSW supra club Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Im trying to install my Alpine head unit where the original jap cassete deck is(i just bought a tt 93 supra) and im having troubles.
The original cassete deck uses a plug that is different to my alpine cd deck so i will need to solder the alpine deck wires to the original harness of the cassete deck,BUT the two decks have different wire colours so i dont know what goes where!

Does any1 have a diagram or know what colour wire is what coming from the harness?
Meaning...is blue colour the right/front/positive speaker wire?and so on?...
Please help if you can,
Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Save yourself the trouble and go buy a $12. harness so you can just plug the Alpine in and avoid cutting the harness on your car.

·
NSW supra club Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be good,but where and what is this $12 part called?
Is it a adapter of some sort ?
where can i get this?
If i know what its called,i might be able to ask the stereo shop people and see if they have them.
I never even knew an adapter existed
Thanks for the tip..guys

·
i hate being broke
141 Posts
just go to your local car stereo shop or an electronics store that does car stereo instalations like best buy and tell them what your doing and they'll sell that part that you need. all it is is an adapter that plus into the factory harness and has all the wires coming out the other end so you can splice those and not cut your harness. also the wires on the harness will be lables so you wont have to worry about that.

·
NSW supra club Member
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you very much...
Ill be asking them on the weekend and hopefully ill find some1 that has them.

Thanks again to all of you'se,great help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts