Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im putting in a 4 point into my car next week and im not sure what color i should get it painted

my car is red
-wheels are polished
-car is gutted from front seats back
- i want it to pop a little- - not into that ricey crap so green or gold is out of the question lol

options
-same color as car
-black
-black chrome
-polished idk

·
1993 Car
477 Posts
I don't think you can polish steel. Well, you could for a day or so...

I'd say, "same as car" or black.

Here is how my car came (pic from seller). I didn't think it was too terrible. I doubt I'll be repainting it since I have other priorities:

·
1993 Car
477 Posts
If you have the cage built by a reputable shop, and it is well designed, it shouldn't get in the way of anything besides the rear seat (which I doubt you use anyway). If you are doing drag or road racing, it don't see why it would be a bad idea. Just make sure your forward bars are removable.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
strip all the paint off so its raw steel colour and then spray it with clearcoat

i dont mind the gold

else silver of black imo

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Just curious what racing you plan to do with a 4 point??? Only thing a 4 point is good for is mild road racing/club racing i beleive. Definitely not drag racing. 4 point is waste of time otheriwse IMO.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
fuck yea, rust it and then clearcoat that.

·
Inline for the win
4,779 Posts
Satin Black. Go to you local automotive paint store and locate some in aerosol form. Once its applied it looks factory and not overdone.

DP

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.