Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dusty,
This is Juston, the guy that just posted you a message thanking you for my beautiful black Volk GT-C's. I took my wheels to a place here in Richmond that claimed they specialize in custom wheel mounting and they had a European machine that you recommended. I got the tires and rims mounted Tuesday and took my car straight home and garaged it. My wife and I have been at the hospital since then due to our daughter being born. :) Last night I decided to clean my wheels since they were dirty from being mounted. Well I noted a scratch on my driver side front rim. It was about maybe and inch or inch and a half wide into the lip near the tire. I called the owner of the store this morning and he was very rude over the phone claiming it was something I did since their machine never touched the rim. He told me to bring the car to him. When I got there the owner, manager, and guy who did the work looked at it. After the owner looked at it, he immediately said it wasn't his fault and for me to get out of there. Then the manager who had been very nice started claiming it wasn't something they could have done, I must have did it. I explained the situation to him and he acted like a jackass. I went back in the store and was trying to talk to the owner but he refused to talk to me and told me I better leave. So I gave them all a piece of my mind in front of all their customers! I told him the first rule of business is the customer is always right.(Unfortunately that is not always true, but being a business owner that is the way you have to approach things.)

Anyways, besides that here is my bigger problem. I noticed both my back tires were low today. I checked them and the right rear had 15psi and the left was at 10psi. After washing the car I noticed bubbles coming from the rim lip. Well, it appears both my back tires are leaking! They are not seating up right for some reason. What causes this????? Now I am scared to take my car anywhere for fear of my rims being scratched again. You spend all that money and crap always happens! Any advice??????

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
First and most important - congrads on the birth of your healthy daught with 10 fingers and 10 toes. :)

Regarding the wheels this is a really bad position you are in. You left the tire shop and brought a wheel back later, damaged. You have no legal recourse that is in your favor because you left and called him days later. If it is the polished lip that is damaged then you should be able to have it repaired at a shop that can polish. Honestly you are stuck with this bill short of you suing and winning which is very unlikely given you left and returned days later. Even if you won, if its like TX, its hard to collect...and you would be collecting for what, a couple hundred bucks plus legal fee reimbursement?

Regarding them leaking, this is simply odd. They were definitely not mounted correctly which, if it was a good shop, I would say return and have them fix it for free. However I don't see that likely at this point. You need a good tire shop that can take care of you.

I don't know much about Midlothian, VA and its surrounding area. I would suggest you post on multiple forums, i.e. here and the Vette and the Viper forums (at the least) for a good tire shop in your general area. Post in the VA / East coast section and explain your bad experience. Maybe someone can help you out who has multiple good experiences with a shop not too far from you??

My advice is really limited on this one, but you sympathy you certainly have, not that it does you any good unfortunately. If I come up with another idea I'll certainly post it up.

Keep me updated please.

Dusty

1 - 2 of 2 Posts