Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I might get banned from the event, everyone who reads this it would help if you email them at [email protected] to reconsider their decision.

I went too fast last march 1 time, and displayed the speed and they did not like that.
This year the car would be 100% legal if I attend.

Brian Koshy with the 7175 Toyota Supra

Post up if you sent an email.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
lol, thats just funny IMO. Its not like its a sanctioned event and if they went by the correct rules I would be suprised if ONE entry was technically legal.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I just started writting an email and then realized they may not know who "OHRLY" is and I don't know your "real" name. Either post how we need to refer to you in the email or PM me the info.

Does this make sense:

If I/we say you are a friend and fellow Texas Mile fan and we know first hand that you realize what you did last year was against the rules and you are truly sorry and would highly appreciate another chance to prove that you are a fair and honest competitor?

Or what do you suggest we say?

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's info if you want to send an email.
Brian Koshy with the 7175 Toyota Supra

Ya that sounds good, its just a last ditch attempt and getting them to reconsider
since the car is 100% compliant for this Oct's run.

·
A zone of danger.
1,175 Posts
How is this not like getting thrown out at the track? For instance, if you go < 11.5 without a roll bar, you're told to park it. If you show up next week with a roll bar...well, now you're good. Are you gonna show up there and they'll say "I remember you! Piss off!" You can't just tech the car???

Guess this doesn't make sense to me...

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
i just sent them a maximum legit email for you.

Hey there, I apologize if this email is undesired, but I just want to tell you my opinion on a matter of Brian Koshy and his Toyota Supra which it seems may get banned from Texas Mile events.

I fully believe that a "1 strike your out policy" is a bit too hasty. Perhaps not in all occurrences-- but in this one-- I believe he should be allowed one more chance.
I don't have the opportunity to go to or participate in these events, but I love reading about them and watching video's of everything related. I live very far away in Canada. But, I will likely go to one of these events one day.

What I'm trying to get at, is that Brian is an honest normal guy and I've roughly followed Brian's build over the past year or so and I've seen his Supra shape up, from a moderate beast to an insane monster.
I personally believe that there was a strong chance he had no idea his Supra had the potential to go illegally quick in this event.

I hope that doesn't sound like a horrid blanket statement, because the turbo he was using at the time was of advanced technology as far as turbochargers go, and there was very little data of how it could potentially perform.
I do acknowledge that he likely did have dyno information but that alone would not convince me that his little billet turbo would generate an illegal pass.

If I recall correctly, Brian made this "Oops" pass back at TX2k10 as we call it in the Supra world. I've since read on multiple occasions about him progressing his Supra towards going back to the Texas Standing Mile and I definitely remember seeing some talk about him fixing his car so that it would be fully legal and he could continue with his goals with the car.

I think you should give him one last chance, because I already know his car will be fully compliant with your rules. and it will be a fantastic car for all audiences to see and hear in real life.
In my opinion, it would be the right decision for the common good of all enthusiasts, and of course Brian as well. :)

I don't want to write a novel discussing it, but I will leave you with those immediate thoughts of mine and I hope everyone can agree that one more chance is all that is needed, and this particular car will never infringe on rules again.
I don't condone his actions either, I will certainly agree that he entered a risk situation without the proper preparations, and that is not acceptable because accidents are very dangerous at those speeds.

People actually drive Supra's with that turbo on the street! That particular turbo has shaped up to be very impressive in what it can do.

Thanks for taking a few moments to read my opinion, and please note that I don't know Brian personally. But, I would love to see his car at future Texas Mile events.
I think he should be restored the privilege of returning to these family fun events.

-Adam

·
Banned
2,712 Posts
Sent a quick one to try and woo the officials.

I'm sure you guys have been getting a few emails concerning Brian Koshy's participation at the Mile this year, I just wanted to offer my opinion as a close friend of his. I am fully aware that during a previous event he exceeded the speed allowed for his safety level and was prevented from making any further passes. This is 100% reasonable and is what should be done in those circumstances to ensure both the driver's safety and the integrity of the event. It has come to my attention that this year he might not be allowed to compete. However, since the last event he has made several modifications to ensure that his car will be completely within regulation according to his power and speed capabilities, for this year's event.

I believe it is in everyone's best interest if he is allowed to participate. He is a stand up member in our community, and lots of people look forward to hearing about his experiences at the mile. For every 1 Supra you have competing there, there are 50 people on our forum waiting for updates on their performances. To deny him of that privilege isn't just hurting him but our entire community.

I'd appreciate your consideration in allowing Brian to compete again this year, fully within the rules and regulations of the event.

Thank you for your time,
Jon Kutchuk

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I also sent them an email plea. I promised you will be a good boy from now on, so don't let us down ;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I e-mailed them for you. Someone please help me fix my Anti-Lag?

Staats

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Totally agree. Texas mile enforcing any rules is a joke.
Every now and then a specific member of there team will get butthurt about something. I've seen it happen in several different camps.

·
4,934 Posts
Dear whoever it may concern,

I will keep this short and to the point, as I'm sure you have other things to attend to.

It was brought to my attention that an acquaintance of mine, Brian Koshy, was involved in the Mile event this past March. During one of his runs, he went over his allowed speed based on the safety equipment in his car, and thus was banned from the event (and/or following events).

Since then he has put forth a great amount of effort to bring his car up to your standard level so that it may compete in the Mile event coming up. It would not only be in the best interest of Brian, but also of all the enthusiasts who follow the event, and also the event itself, if you allow Brian's car to run after being given a once over. As far as anyone should be concerned, compliance should be rewarded with participation.

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing Brian's results and the results of everyones hard work!

Regards,
Nick Butler

Bit longer than I intended but oh well. Doing a few things here so I bumbled something together pretty quickly. Let us know how it turns out!

·
MKIV owner since 1998
1,523 Posts
was it last event or the event before where you almost got Tommy banned for taking Amit's sticker to use on your own car? Only because they knew Tommy for so long did he not get kicked out of the event, so you won't be getting any recommendation from me, sorry.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
was it last event or the event before where you almost got Tommy banned for taking Amit's sticker to use on your own car? Only because they knew Tommy for so long did he not get kicked out of the event, so you won't be getting any recommendation from me, sorry.
I agree with RZJZA80. I was just returning from the starting line. As soon as I got back the officials were questioning us on who took Amit's decal and somehow landed on your car. I was like WTF. I was just coming back to get a drink.

That was a bitch move and you knew better. I would have been pissed if we got banned. Anyhow what's done its done, and I'm sure that incident has some weight in their decision to allow you to participate.

·
The "Tactileneck"
1,168 Posts
WOW! Now everything makes more sense. I Figured there were other contributing factors because things weren't adding up...... Waiting for one hell of an excuse.......

·
Registered
229 Posts
That was a bitch move and you knew better. I would have been pissed if we got banned. Anyhow what's done its done, and I'm sure that incident has some weight in their decision to allow you to participate.
+1000000000

Sounds like you deserve to be banned.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.