Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found that my oil pump is the base of my problem right now, and I need another. None of the local store carry it AT ALL! and I really don't want to order from the net till I'm ready to do my complete build up and make the motor real strong. So does anyone have a good used one I can buy quickly?

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,172 Posts
ouch, I just sold two brand new for 60, meaning like 30 each. I couldnt find anyone that wanted them.

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
I have one for sale if you want it. I'll give you a good price, it's damn near brand new.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I just reconditioned 2 of mine. Both of them had a pretty marred top plate, and the clearance wasn't the greatest on the top. My side to body clearance was still pretty good though, in fact one of them was less than the minimum of stock(this will be a really good one :)) Anyway, I took some wet/dry sandpaper, first 320, then 600 then 1500 then finished it off with 2000 grit on the housing. I went from .0024 to .0014, I also did the same on the cover and removed all the nasty grooves which will help increase flow.

My backlash was also pretty close to minimum too. Both of these oil pumps had been through a turned bearing and were soo gummed up you couldn't even move them, but now....they will be better than new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts