Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I swapped a 91 7mgte into my 87 na supra. Been a long while since I had time and motivation to work on it and I've forgotten where the engine plugs go now.

Searched for a solution but after 23 pages I gave up and figured I'd ask if someone had a picture with labels as to where the engine plugs go. Worth a shot right? If not a have pictures of what plugs I need help figuring out.

As always any help is greatly appreciated. I'll upload pictures tomorrow when I'm on wifi at home if needed. Until then heres my supra.
20190529_203041.jpg

·
Registered
702 Posts
so you swapped in

1. 7mgte engine

2. 7mgte engine wire harness ---assuming this is from the 91 as well

3. 7mgte engine computer

if I am following right (please correct anything that is wrong)

so what you really need to do is adapt the later version engine wire harness and ecu to the early version (aka yellow plug) chassis ?

some observations from my end, from the pics

1. you don't have an air flow meter (intake side by front radiator)

2. your front facing intake manifold (ffim) does not have an idle air motor (big huge plug on RH side)

3. your tps sensor may not be the oem one because of the ffim

4. is there also an igniter missing ?

5. that harness will not be plug and play w your chassis

my advise would be to google 7mgte engine / supra under hood (etc) and get a visual on the oem setup and what sensors are there. each plug is generally unique so you can solve 90% of this visually

you can also get a wire schematic for both cars and then start to figure out what the 7mgte harness needs, and where that is in the car harness.

take it 1 wire at a time, don't get overwhelmed !! its really 2 issues going on here

1. getting the engine wire harness attached to the engine's sensors
2. integrating the 2nd generation engine wire harness into a gen1 yellow plug chassis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of that is correct as far as what hard parts I'm using. I've adapted the harness from grey to yellow on the interior side already. I was not aware it wouldnt be pretty much pnp under the hood though.

I'm running an aem v1 so I'll be running the supplied map sensor instead of a maf.

There is a big thing on the under side of the ffim that may be the idle motor you speak of.

Tps I'm going to have to get the drift motion adapter to run a 7m tps on the q45 throttle body.

I'll have to check to see what the ignitor looks like. Like I said it's been a while since I took it apart. I'm sure I have the parts somewhere.

I spent a few hours with google last night trying to track down how it goes together but I never searched what you said maybe that's my issue. I may just have to break down and spend more money for a new tweaked harness even though I dont want to. Atleast it would be labeled.

Thanks for the help so far.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
Punkbomb,

my OCD is going into hypermode.

On the fittings for the PCV, for the love of all that is holy remove the PTFE tape sealant. Not needed on AN male to AN female fittings. More than likely previous owner attempted to use a JIC fitting on AN, that will not work due to the thread pitch.

blog.parker.com/an-37-flare-vs-industrial-37-flare-fittings-whats-the-difference

the ignitor is simple. three wires into ignitor, one back that feeds the tacho.
cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=040

1 - 8 of 8 Posts