Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car wont start and I'm 100% its the neutral safety switch. Anyone know how to fix it? Where is the switch located and how can I get at it. If the switch is just plain finsihed then where is the wire so I can bypass it?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Follow the clutch pedal's arm up.... you'll see it. I can't recall but you may need to remove the cover which extends down under the steering column.

EDIT: Are you sure it's not the stock alarm's starter kill?

·
Registered
170 Posts
It is located behind the clutch pedal when it is pushed all the way down.
It screws in like a bolt and its height can be adjusted by loosening a nut and spinning the switch.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Im sure its not the alarm, the alarm is disabled, I have an auto so no clutch. Still in the same area? Plus I've had the problem before, it only happens when I move the car outta park when its off(to get at the stereo) I usually play with the shifter until it will start, its been 3 hours this time though... dun think it will go this time. Smmetimes I have to press up hard on the shifter in park to get it to start.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm, are you guy talking bout the clutch safety switch? Cuz I cant find anything like that under there. Maybe its in a different location for the autos.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Yeah, sorry, we were all talking about the clutch switch. On an auto, I suspect it'd be wired into either the shifter or the tranny.

·
Registered
4 Posts
sent you a msg. can you tell me how you did it? need more details, isn't working with the info I got so foar. I have a brown wire in what seems like the round plug with threee wires, but i thought they should be white, blue, black?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts