Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
painted cf hood advocate
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a house out in Vegas, and was wondering how the emissions laws out there? What usually passes and what’s an automatic fail? How often are you guys required to get your car smoged? I also hope that car registration doesn’t cost too much out there. I really hate the laws out here in Cali, and am hoping to take advantage of our new house there.
Thanks
Vyas.

·
Registered
114 Posts
emissions isnt wonderful out here, but it only needs to be done once a year. there are a few hookups in town if you think you may run into problems.

daniel

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
^WERD, passing emissions here verses Cali is a joke. Regristration fees are reasonable too, unless you buy a new car, you have to pay the taxes with is the expensive part. Second year registration for my 94 was under $50.00. First year sucked I had to pay taxes on the cost of the car.

·
painted cf hood advocate
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
vegasturbo said:
emissions isnt wonderful out here, but it only needs to be done once a year. there are a few hookups in town if you think you may run into problems.

daniel
You guys have to smog your car once a year????
We "only" have to do it twice a year here in Cali, hmm maybe I'm better off keeping my car Cali registered.

·
Registered
155 Posts
blaze15 said:
You guys have to smog your car once a year????
We "only" have to do it twice a year here in Cali, hmm maybe I'm better off keeping my car Cali registered.
Are your mean once every two years?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
What year supra? If you are OBD2 and not throwing any code's, you'll pass no problem no matter what mod's you have. They just plug it in. If you have to pass the "sniffer" test then just get a hook-up or get a PO Box in parumph and register there. They don't have to smog test in NYE county. Good luck and welcome to another supra in vegas.

·
painted cf hood advocate
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 94, obd1. Wow, so let me get this right, if I have a single turbo I can pass the sniffer out there? Since they only check for codes on an obd2, what do they check for on an obd1? Do you single turbo guys have trouble passing the sniffer? Thanks for the welcome to Vegas, but I’ll be most likely keeping the Supra out here in Cali.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
OBD1 will have to pass the "sniffer" test. For $100 the "sniffer" will be kind to your car. What happen's in vegas stay's in vegas! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts