Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never pay with Western Union or Money Gram. SupraForums.com strongly encourages its members to avoid using instant cash wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram when you need to make payment to a seller. It has been proven to be UNSAFE when paying someone the buyer doesn't know.

so please protect yourself! :1poke:

·
Canadian monster
596 Posts
that is correct, i got screwed of 3000$ like 5 years ago, before the scams were so talked about. I used Western Union, Never use that method.

Good idea Ranger to warn people.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
At least you can track in PayPal, and are protected if you use credit card.

Sending via Western Union is as good as sending cash in an envelope to someone.

If you feel it is safe, send me $500 via Western Union. I promise I will return it when this exercise is completed.

:kekegay:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah, this is how I got screwed by the Wolf guy. I just hope I never see him in person. He has a European accent, I think he said he was from Bosnia. It is unmistakeable, almost sounds Polish. Anyways, the guy is a screwball and wants you to pay him via Western Union. I am sure he will surface again...

I have his contact information if anyone gets suspicious of a seller.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Great point!!!

I almost got screwed about three yrs ago when I was in the search of a Supra. An ebay guy from the Netherlands was offering one for 10K, the car, the auction and everything looked as clear as it could get except for the very unreal price.

The guy started drewling over money, offered the most bogus BS Western Union transaction you could imagine so I just cancelled and reported to ebay.

I have not read all the foruum rules but it would be a nice feauture, suggestion or transaction rule if all posts offering some kind of business offering transaction via WU could be deleted or banned.
May be it is an extreme suggestion but hey... we are living very harsh times. Scammers are flooding the internet all over!

·
Track Junkie
1,577 Posts
Got screwed a couple years ago when I was told to send $$ via Western Union. Never trust western union since then.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have also been screwed with Western Union. Once the seller picks up the money they are long gone and they will do nothing to help you.

I lost about 1200 around 6 years ago. Escrow is good too if you don't mind the fee.

·
Crazy Member
281 Posts
You should add MONEY ORDERS to this list. Never pay with a money order.. it is as good as cash. Once it is cashed you cannot do anything about it... and even before it is cashed most places do not allow stop payments for the first 90 days. This includes Western Union, USPS, etc.

I lost only $130 but its still money... so beware.

And don't buy from this guy....
Yomani Williams
2155 Lake Drive SE
East Grand Rapids, MI
Tel: cell:1-616-460-1394, home:1-616-454-4248

He is the guy that cashed my $130 money order and never sent me my EGT guage. :crossjerk

Ciao,

B-

·
Isabel & Bryan
673 Posts
this reminds me, i never recieved my sensor???? ???? wow!!! i never got it!!! bastard. cant remember what his screen name was but he had a picture of a skyline and a yellow eclipse i think?

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
We'll im positive USPS and Western Union are two of them... those are the only ones i use. Obviously its still a hassle to fill out the paper work, but insured none the less.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree never send money western union to someone you don't know, i got ripped off 1k on the partstrader.com a couple of years ago from a germ who scams in Canada. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a buddy buy a skyline out of wisconsin from a guy who apparently imports them... He used the money from an insurance settlement I believe... The car was "sent to the bahamas for the engine/trans pull and legalization shipment back to the states" and hasn't gotten the car yet in over a year... This was to the tune of $30,000 western union... Then a month or so later he drove to wisconsin to get a car from the guy because the guy would let him take another one and he took his fully built mugen right hand drive acura integra... to only have IT stolen from NOPI new england in the summer of 2006... So yeah bad luck guys don't even think about it! pay pal or bank checks are all I use!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
30 Participants
Boostedjay
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing