Supra Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a friend buy a right hand drive skyline with a western union check from a import/export guy in wisconsin that ripped him off something like $30,000 then gave him a right hand drive integra type r after driving from maine to wisconsin with a boat load of mugen mods for that to only get stolen from nopi 2006 in new hampshire... After he only insured it as a 1994 integra... LESSON LEARNED... The HARD WAY...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a friend buy a right hand drive skyline with a western union check from a import/export guy in wisconsin that ripped him off something like $30,000 then gave him a right hand drive integra type r after driving from maine to wisconsin with a boat load of mugen mods for that to only get stolen from nopi 2006 in new hampshire... After he only insured it as a 1994 integra... LESSON LEARNED... The HARD WAY...
was it dark red? and had no title? i remember seeing this one on craigslist, and my buddies were talking about him. They said its legit but the dude is just ENTIRELY SHADY. he wanted to trade for a 03+ evo or Supra. HAHA yeah right, trade a titled US car for a non titles JDM car?

·
Registered
83 Posts
hey can you guys tell me if this a scam =) =) there is this guy on http://carsforsale.classifieds1000.com/make/Toyota/Supra, saying that he has a 1995 supra TT in great cond. sent me pics all and this was the email he sent and he also said it would be better to pay him through ebay vpp and western union >>>Hi there,

The car is still for sale. Before we go ahead, you have to know that the car I'm selling is in a perfect cosmetic and engine condition and meticulously maintained. The car has been well taken care of, it was always garage kept. It has never been involved in an accident. It is not damaged, neither scratched, has no dents or hidden defects; the engine starts and drives like new and the paint looks awesome. The car comes with US clear title which will be signed and notarized in the buyer's name. If you're looking for some pictures and more information of the car please visit www.mypictures.123bemyhost.com

I'm glad the Air Force gave me a chance to once again serve. I'm USAF TSGT E-6 and I was recently called up to serve our country. I wanted to bring the car here with me but I cannot use it. So, because I must get rid of it, I am practically giving it away only because I have no other choice.

As you probably noticed, the price is rather low $2500 US Dollars. That's if you buy it today or tomorrow. Due to the fact I am located in a military base, the car has been already loaded into the container and it's ready for shipping. It will be shipped by plane with Air Military Cargo permitting me to handle the shipping to your location and I remain liable for the vehicle during shipment. The car will land in the nearest airport by your area and will be trucked forward to your place. It will be delivered from there very fast, shipping costs included in price.

If you really are interested in purchasing this car, I am waiting for your answer so we can start the arrangements. If you could get back to me ASAP I would be most appreciative.

Thank you so much,

·
Registered
83 Posts
hey can you guys tell me if this a scam =) =) there is this guy on he says clear title and sent me the vin# http://carsforsale.classifieds1000.com/make/Toyota/Supra, saying that he has a 1995 supra TT in great cond. sent me pics all and this was the email he sent and he also said it would be better to pay him through ebay vpp and western union >>>Hi there,

The car is still for sale. Before we go ahead, you have to know that the car I'm selling is in a perfect cosmetic and engine condition and meticulously maintained. The car has been well taken care of, it was always garage kept. It has never been involved in an accident. It is not damaged, neither scratched, has no dents or hidden defects; the engine starts and drives like new and the paint looks awesome. The car comes with US clear title which will be signed and notarized in the buyer's name. If you're looking for some pictures and more information of the car please visit www.mypictures.123bemyhost.com

I'm glad the Air Force gave me a chance to once again serve. I'm USAF TSGT E-6 and I was recently called up to serve our country. I wanted to bring the car here with me but I cannot use it. So, because I must get rid of it, I am practically giving it away only because I have no other choice.

As you probably noticed, the price is rather low $2500 US Dollars. That's if you buy it today or tomorrow. Due to the fact I am located in a military base, the car has been already loaded into the container and it's ready for shipping. It will be shipped by plane with Air Military Cargo permitting me to handle the shipping to your location and I remain liable for the vehicle during shipment. The car will land in the nearest airport by your area and will be trucked forward to your place. It will be delivered from there very fast, shipping costs included in price.

If you really are interested in purchasing this car, I am waiting for your answer so we can start the arrangements. If you could get back to me ASAP I would be most appreciative.

Thank you so much,

·
adammackintosh.net
5,806 Posts
its a scam please forget you saw it.

2500 isnt rather low, its ridiculously low.
if you or someone you know cant see the car in person dont buy it.

this is a well known scam. if you buy it the car will never arrive nor will you ever hear from the scammer again.

if you want to fuck with the scammer, tell them you have a friend that lives where the car is and he will stop by and look at it, then watch and laugh as garbage excuses fly out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am new here, and I already knew not to use any wire transfer etc. But what is safe to use? Paypal only covers you if you bought the item off of ebay (I've already went through this), so what is a safe way to transfer money out of state?

·
Registered
40 Posts
well no shit... paypal is shady enough.

TO ALL THAT HAVE MADE THIS MISTAKE!!
PROPS!!! for trusting your fellow man!! its a shame there are pieces of shit out there that take use trusting people for granted... its not ur guys fault at all. your probably a good person that just thought that everyone else is all around good!

rotten bastards. anyways yea dont do this kind or crap. use paypal and use a credit card through paypal if you can. that way if you have prolem with paypal getting ur money back, you can just complain to ur credit card company and they will most likely reverse the charge.

take care people

·
Supra372
486 Posts
OMG!! Im so glad that i read this section of the forums. I just figured since everyone is here on the supraforums. You could trust them. Im a NEWBIE, and i will only pay with paypal. Thanks for the information guys and im sorry for all of you that lost money!! Just remember what comes around goes around...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Btw that long article about the sale of the car. I had the sameone sent to me about my srt8 I had for sale. All those scams have the exact same emo. They never speak about details of the actual vehicle they purchasing/selling and they are always but fck nowhere with limited access to Internet. That sets of alarms for me. I have about 15 email back and forth with the scammed that tried to "buy" my jeep. Not in one email he asked anything in detail about the high horsepower vehicle. He even was insulted and apphauled I called him a scammer.

I laughed at him as he gave up. But he was damn persistant. That's probably cause I led him on seeing if I can make him send me money. Even 50 bucks. Hahaha.

Art

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
So for a large transaction like buying used wheels what is a safe method of payment if the seller is out of state.

Thanks as I am in talks and thinking about buying some wheels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
is this forum pretty safe to trade on cause a member has asked for a western money transfer has great feed back ...........but not willing to dop paypal as we hacve different guidelines to you guys in the states............who the best mod,admin to speak to about this

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just had a friend scammed via western union to the tune of $8,000. Sent the guy the money for a S14 only to have the guy text back saying "Thanks for the money, good luck on your search for a car" Cops pretty much told him he was up the creek without a paddle.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts