Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
TC Motorsports
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a loss for words, no idea.

Changing a customers clutch on a 94 Supra TT. Everything is normal until I take out the pressure plate and clutch disk out of the car. Pull the snap rings off of the hub, get ready to put the new throw out bearing on the hub, new throwout bearing is too big for the hub. Customer supplied me the parts so I automatically think that the customer got the wrong TOB, so I overnight a TOB from my supplier for a 94 Supra TT. It comes and it is the SAME one the customer gave me! I am amazed and confused so I go and fit it onto the hub, way too big for the hub by 4-6mm. I then take the hub over to the transmission to see if the hub fits snug onto the transmission shaft, fits fine.

So obviously it is the wrong hub for this transmission, part numbers on the TOB that came in the car and the correct one are different also. What the heck happened? Where did someone find a hub that would fit the transmission shaft but be a smaller diameter TOB? I thought it was maybe off of an NA but Toyota said it is a different setup. I am confused. I have the correct hub coming from Toyota in 3-5 days so the car will have to stay in pieces in my shop until then. Any ideas what happened?

The car was making a very bad ratttling noise when the clutch was pressed in, so I imagine this was the problem becuase there was so much play from the inside diameter of the pressure plate and the TOB.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
Is this a 6 Speed Transmission or a 5-Speed Transmission (a TT engine droped in with a W58 Tranny)?

·
TC Motorsports
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6spd in a TT car. This is an original TT car as far as I know.

·
Exiled Supra Owner
3,703 Posts
If you got the new TOB from Toyota, you can run a #’s check with Curt Aigner at the Elmhust Section.

You can also list the old TOB # with Curt also to see if Curt can identify it for you.

·
TC Motorsports
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ACT Street Clutch, The pressure plate is yellow but it says Toyota on it.

·
TC Motorsports
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I know what happened. The car had an HKS clutch in it at one point, the HKS Clutch requires the use of some MKIII parts. I am almost certain that hub is for an MKIII, the last owner must have had the ACT Clutch put in the car and not known any better and left that MKIII hub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts