Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supra Dinosaur
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was my first try at drag racing. It was a great night! Temps were in the upper 50s. Below is my best of 8 runs time wise. Im car #1 on the slip. My most satisfying run was a terrible start. I bogged and this 93 cobra mustang with a 100shot jumped ahead. I chased him down and beat him by a half a car length!! Its a shame such a strong car is hampered by a bad driver. I just spun until I figured out how to get a good burn out at the line. Then I bogged bad when my 275 BFG Drag Radials stuck. This best run I let at 3500 and spun somewhat but really LAUCHED hard. On the eigth run I broke someting in the clutch. Oh well. Back to work.

·
Supra Dinosaur
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, by looking at the same 1/8 times and RWHP on the "Best 1/4 times" thread I figured I aught to be in the mid 12s.

Jeff G

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Wow man 90.86 mph as your trap speed in the 1/8 mile, very very impressive. I always do 90-91.xxx mph in the 1/4 mile, and I pull 115-ish trap speeds.

You have 430rwhp eh? I dyno'd my Supra and it hit fuel cut, making only 390rwhp. I tuned fuel cut away, but never took my car to the dyno again to see what she could do. from my trap speeds i always estimated my supe having bout 420-430rwhp. interesting that u have 430rwhp...

anyhow you have a low 12 sec car there. crank up the boost more and launch correctly and u might even be able to pull an 11 sec 1/4 mile. that'd be impressive.

·
Supra Dinosaur
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, the place I went to run has race gas so I should be able to run 21-22psi when I get back. I thought it should be a mid to low 12ver. That 430 was back in August when it was pretty hot. The car felt stronger the night of the drags.

thanks,
Jeff G

1 - 9 of 9 Posts