Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is BPU++ now and I wanted to see if the cam gears made any improvement from the last time I was there well...

First pass I went 7.61 with unknown MPH,second pass I went 7.86 @ 98 mph.:eek: Last time I ran 7.90 @ 97mph.

Not only did I lower my ET but I managed to raise my trap too.This was done on radials with a 1.96 60ft,wheel- hopping off the line,(I thought I was going to lose the rearend)in a 6 speed car.

Joe

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
TTBADBOY said:
My car is BPU++ now and I wanted to see if the cam gears made any improvement from the last time I was there well...

First pass I went 7.61 with unknown MPH,second pass I went 7.86 @ 98 mph.:eek: Last time I ran 7.90 @ 97mph.

Not only did I lower my ET but I managed to raise my trap too.This was done on radials with a 1.96 60ft,wheel- hopping off the line,(I thought I was going to lose the rearend)in a 6 speed car.

Joe
That's really good mph!!! Just curious as to why you didn't run out the full 1/4 mile?

Do you have any dyno sheets you can show on here with your cam gear improvements?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boosted,Yea you got it.

TT_6spd_95, the track here is only an 1/8th long.I wanted to ask you a few questions since I know you have similar mods and run great times.How do you keep from wheel-hopping so bad.I had tire pressure set at 15 then dropped to 12 psi.It seemed to help but I couldnt get another run in.I wanted to run 10psi but the track was busy as hell.What kind of 1/8th mile times do you run and what mile-an-hour?

Joe

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
TTBADBOY said:
Boosted,Yea you got it.

TT_6spd_95, the track here is only an 1/8th long.I wanted to ask you a few questions since I know you have similar mods and run great times.How do you keep from wheel-hopping so bad.I had tire pressure set at 15 then dropped to 12 psi.It seemed to help but I couldnt get another run in.I wanted to run 10psi but the track was busy as hell.What kind of 1/8th mile times do you run and what mile-an-hour?

Joe
Just make sure to use water to heat the tires up or you will probably slightly wheel hop during the burn off. I generally leave at about the right hp level for the amount of grip that I think that my tires will hold. That will limit the wheel hop quite a bit.

I have the timeslip posted on my webpage, but I think my 1/8 mile was a [email protected] or something like that. I never tried the 1/8 mile with crappy tires, so I am not sure what the difference would be in the Supra between crappy tires and good tires for MPH. Maybe if you get some good tires on you might gain MPH, but I usually hear the opposite. Generally I hear this:
Spin more = more mph/crappier ET
Hook up = less mph/better ET

If you would have went through the 1/4 mile that would have probably been a 11.6-11.8 run!!!:eek:
Sounds like we have a Supra owner that knows how to DRIVE a 6-speed down the 1/4 mile; therefore getting good ET's and MPH!!! Good job.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the props,Ill try again this Thursday and see what happens.Im goint to try to play with the struts this time.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
4,420 Posts
Wow...Congrats on those 1/8 mile times. Definitely we have found another Supra 6spd owner that can drive his car!! That is some great 1/8 mile MPH....almost got my best beat. Wow. Congrats....and you sure your name isn't Tony? lol And as with the other Tony.....tendency is more spin....higher mph/ less et And great grip less mph/ better et. I am very curious to see what you run in the full 1/4 mile run to see if the car carries the power all the way through. Keep us posted.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i saw you run at sunshine. i saw the traps and thought damn 98mph. then the rest of the night i looked for other car's runnign 98mph and they where all 7.2 and under. nice car too it looked good

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are all my mods.Greddy Front mount,RMM Downpipe,Super Dragger exhaust,K/N drop in filter with stock air box lid pulled.Unorthodox cam gears -4,+1,and pulled hose to wastegate.Im also running the Arizona clutch on stock flywheel(which chatters like hell)Eibach lowering springs with KYB struts on full soft.Thats it.All on Nitto radials(my daily drivers)
If I can get some ET streets or full slicks,I should be able to cut 2/10ths off my 60ft.Ill keep you guys posted.

Joe

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow congrats on those time :bthumb: dude man give me some tips on how to launch!!! My 60ft time always in the 2.3-2.4 with this damn TRD twin plate. You guys launch at what RPM??? Most of the time I race on a freeway, that's why my launching skill blows. Wingless Tony or anyone give me some tips man.

Appreciated any help.

Bordin T.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I set my tire pressure to 12psi hot and I launch with a 6.5k slip.

Joe

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
C5eater said:
Wow congrats on those time :bthumb: dude man give me some tips on how to launch!!! My 60ft time always in the 2.3-2.4 with this damn TRD twin plate. You guys launch at what RPM??? Most of the time I race on a freeway, that's why my launching skill blows. Wingless Tony or anyone give me some tips man.

Appreciated any help.

Bordin T.
What kind of tires are you using?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
275/40 Nitto's drag radials. Last time I heat them up and dump the clutch at 6K RPM I ended with a broken driveshaft...after that I lost all my confident to launch my car lol. Tony I couldn't slip this TRD twin plate clutch. Any tips on how to launch?

P.S. I could imagine my car be in the 10's with you driving it :D

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
C5eater said:
275/40 Nitto's drag radials. Last time I heat them up and dump the clutch at 6K RPM I ended with a broken driveshaft...after that I lost all my confident to launch my car lol. Tony I couldn't slip this TRD twin plate clutch. Any tips on how to launch?

P.S. I could imagine my car be in the 10's with you driving it :D
In the olden days when I had the Nitto's:) ...the sweet spot was 4500rpm's, and I didn't just drop the clutch. I sliped the clutch just slightly, and then let it rip. I would guess that you are spinning pretty badly to be dropping the clutch at 6000rpm with the nittos.:)

On my video webpage I have a video of me driving one of my friends black Supra's and I put my nittos on it to see how it would do. The car was straight BPU and his best time ever was [email protected] and that same night with the nittos he was doing [email protected] The first time I ran it down the track I did [email protected], and the second time was a [email protected] Anyway, there is a video on my webpage of it. You can see the launch and hear it a little bit too.

http://home.talkcity.com/thepits/tt_6spd_red/index.html

1 - 15 of 15 Posts