Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dyno day was a great success, thanks to all that came

The results from my car are as follows:

786.2 RWHP and 637.1 RWTQ at ~29 PSI no NOS.

And:

873.8 RWHP and 736.2 RWTQ with a little help from the NOS bottle

By the way the car made 541 RWHP at the lowest boost setting (~14 PSI).

Guilly
2835 1994 6speed

There's another thread on the general forum:

http://www.supraforums.com/supravb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4608
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Congratulations on those impressive numbers! Lets see some timeslips or video! I wanna see this thing run(or should I say fly?)
 
N

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Sweet!! nice to see you finally have a big hitting single (err, I mean twin!) turbo supra!!

Have you done any 1/4 passes yet? Are low tens on the way? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I have not run the car yet but plan on doing so. My goal is only mid 10's as I don't even have a rollcage but HP wise the car is capable of more.

NOVAsupra said:
Sweet!! nice to see you finally have a big hitting single (err, I mean twin!) turbo supra!!

Have you done any 1/4 passes yet? Are low tens on the way? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't want it to sound like I'm bragging by saying "just mid 10's", I just know that although I do OK drag racing the car is capable of a low 10 or high 9 with someone like Saad at the wheel (at full power). I'm hoping for ~10.5 with me behind the wheel.

WhiteVR4demon said:
Nice numbers, very impressive. I'm barely saving up to get my Supra in the un-stock mode.



ONLY mid-10's, DAMN, very nice

john
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
945 Posts
Be happy with mid 10s? You are you kidding Guilly, you'd do cartwheels for 10.99. :) Why??? Because it lives...

::wackit::

AHHHHHH
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Howdy Folks / Guilly-

The top end @ high boost is impressive to say the least, *BUT* I'm more amazed by the power at the incredibly low boost setting! Those 2835's just move massive amounts of air without breaking a sweat.

Guilly - I wonder what the "safe" output would be on pump gas? Hmmm, like 17-18PSI on 93.

I don't actually recall, but did you ever actually have a T66 setup? (per your handle) - just wondering your driving impressions of one vs. the other if you had both.

Seeya -
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I had a T66 Supra that I sold and then I got this car. The T66 was an awesome setup, incredible power (my best was 650.3 RWHP) but the lag was bearable. This turbo kit is quite a bit laggier, but once it starts boosting it's awesome.

I have run the car at 20 to 22 PSI on 92 octane (on the trip home after buying it), I didn't dyno it at that level but imagine that it would put down in the 630 RWHP range. Big turbos make it safer to run higher boost on pump gas as they are more efficient and don't heat the air as much.

I run a mix of racing fuel and 92 octane on the car 100% of the time (~40% unleaded 101 octane and 60% 92 octane). With that mix I have run ~30 PSI with no issues, the car made 786.2 RWHP @ ~29 PSI.





DT said:
Howdy Folks / Guilly-

The top end @ high boost is impressive to say the least, *BUT* I'm more amazed by the power at the incredibly low boost setting! Those 2835's just move massive amounts of air without breaking a sweat.

Guilly - I wonder what the "safe" output would be on pump gas? Hmmm, like 17-18PSI on 93.

I don't actually recall, but did you ever actually have a T66 setup? (per your handle) - just wondering your driving impressions of one vs. the other if you had both.

Seeya -
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the details - I think I'm gonna really beat this T04R setup for a while, then investigate an alternate setup. I am gonna be doing some road racing so the mid-range boost characteristics are somewhat important.

Big congrats on the amazing numbers G!!

Seeya -

DT
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
T66Dawg: 30psi, no issues on 95.6 octane!? Come on now. You are knocking, you just don't know it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
945 Posts
DT said:
Awesome! Thanks for the details - I think I'm gonna really beat this T04R setup for a while, then investigate an alternate setup. I am gonna be doing some road racing so the mid-range boost characteristics are somewhat important.

Big congrats on the amazing numbers G!!

Seeya -

DT
DT,

I road race on what many would consider a very large turbo-- larger than a T04R-- and have no problems. Remember, the way to compensate for lag is by revving higher. In some corners where you'd normally be in third, throw to second. Problem solved. :) The only time it may really matter is if the course you're on gets under 40 mph in any turn.. the second may not cut it. Then again, you can be a heal toe animal and throw first. :)

By the way, I had to spin to 8000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
Dennis, do you think it would be feasable to road race on a T78 with the stock revlimiter?

Unfortunately autocrossing with a TTC Supra requires me to be a heal-toe animal and throw it in first quite often, so I'm used to it.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
945 Posts
Grant said:
Dennis, do you think it would be feasable to road race on a T78 with the stock revlimiter?

Unfortunately autocrossing with a TTC Supra requires me to be a heal-toe animal and throw it in first quite often, so I'm used to it.
I would have to say no.. On the tracks I've been on, most of the slow turns are 40-60 mph. In 2nd that's about 5800.. a stock rev limiter would give you no time. It really needs to be raised for road racing.

Dennis
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,022 Posts
AZWildcat said:


I would have to say no.. On the tracks I've been on, most of the slow turns are 40-60 mph. In 2nd that's about 5800.. a stock rev limiter would give you no time. It really needs to be raised for road racing.

Dennis
Which is 4150 in 3rd gear, where the T78 with stock cams can make 400 ft-lbs (although probably a little less, I don't know how responsive the turbo is).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Been knocking for 10 striaght months. I have run over 30 PSI (not sure what it was as my gauge only marks 30 PSI, SPI gauge) on the HKS twins in my current car like that and peaked at 2.5+ bar (although by redline it would be ~27 PSI) in my T66 car......

BTW I have done several ~50 to 160 MPH pulls in the heat (hotter than hell here in AZ right now) this way at ~30 PSI in the current car. Bigger turbos are much safer for this.

AnArKey said:
T66Dawg: 30psi, no issues on 95.6 octane!? Come on now. You are knocking, you just don't know it.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top