Supra Forums banner

721 - 740 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
The airflow is calculated by my logger using WB O2, IDC, and the fuel's specific gravity. It's accurate enough for what I use it for. I can also estimate it with a linear equation setup by looking at airflow vs boost for previous cars where I measured actualy airflow. They both come out within a few lbs of each other.

The only spreadsheet I use is one that lets me enter the individual boost pressure of each turbo, and it gives me the PR for each turbo. You could also use it backwards and come up with boost pressures for a given set of PRs, but in the real world boost is what is "adjustable" anyway. I did add another line that provides the "corrected" or "percieved" airflow at the small turbo for the sake of plotting the point on it's compressor map. It's simply total airflow divided by primary PR.

To use an example, with the small turbo at 28 psi and the big turbo at 17 psi, for a total of 45 psi, with 14.6 psi atmoshperic, small turbo PR is 1.89, big turbo PR is 2.16. Total estimated airflow is 81 lbs, but the small turbo feels like it's moving 37 lbs. Etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Chris,
First off, would you be interested in a job at Boost Logic? LOL Thanks for the amazing post and summing up everything which is in my head yet even I don't have it down like you do:)

The kit is NOT dead; this forum will be seeing compound kit results from other cars in the future. It will not however be a shippable kit in the near future as there are simply too many critical factors regarding the kit and the regular joe simply cannot install the kit and tune it to run properly. I have quoted close to a dozen people on in house install for the kit but most have been scared away from the price. The kit+install+tune is roughly double the price of a similar power creating single turbo kit. For obvious reasons this will not appeal to the general public but for those that approve, we will continue to push and innovate the kit. Gadfly's car is our high horsepower car for the kit and when he gets his engine fixed, we will tweak it and innovate it as need be for maximum power. Marc's car is undergoing a rebuild and will be back with a more powerful compound setup as well.

We are putting our main focus in the new markets (a few Supra turbo kits/month will not keep our doors open unfortunately) We still have a strong following in the Supra community and will continue to innovate parts in the Supra market. These parts will mostly lean towards higher horsepower parts supporting our customers racing the 2JZ engine worldwide. Fortunately for us, PTE has been producing some excellent new turbos which provide much more power than ever before while still spooling quick so we have some great new turbos for street cars as well.

Thanks to all for your continued support and we will provide more information on compound kit setups as we have it available. If you are interested in a compound setup and understand that it is not the highest horsepower ultimate setup, feel free to shoot me an email and I will explain the options to you on what we can install and tune on your car. If you are interested in the new PTE turbos which are available a simple single turbo setup which can make great power while spooling quick, shoot me an email. If you want the ultimate high horsepower car, we certainly have setups for that as well.

-Zohair Jaffery
http://www.boostlogic.com
11906-B Anderson Mill Rd
Austin, TX 78731
512-371-9960
[email protected]

Hi Zohair
Its been more than a year
is there any good news ?
is there any dyno graphs for this turbo?
have you start selling this turbo? or just still "inhouse install only "
Thanks

·
A State of Trance
2,695 Posts
As i understand they are having some issues with boost controll, right turbo and right wastegate should do the right thing. Seems though like its sorted out now, it gave 830hp at 7000rpm and 21psi of boost.

606 Posts
Compound setup with dual efr turbos anyone? with qsv's if possible

·
Registered
561 Posts
it is a compound turbocharger setup just like BL's setup

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Not to be rude, but that is not the layout of a traditional compound arrangement. It looks like they have it setup to run the compressors in series or parallel. Also It looks like they have a valve to bypass the small turbos turbine wheel.

Generally it Goes like this:

Exhaust Side: Engine -> Smaller Turbine -> Large Turbine -> Atmosphere

Intake Side: Atmosphere -> Large Compressor -> Smaller Compressor -> Intercooler -> Engine

721 - 740 of 743 Posts