Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Dr. Jeff Lange
8,964 Posts
If they can still be had (I think they can), they'll be about $2300 from Jay Marks/Champion or Elmhurst, somewhere like that. List price is around $3200 I believe.

I think they're still available, but not 100% sure.

· LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,225 Posts
standard_1664 said:
I heard from a guy at RCTS that there is something like only 2 brand new blocks from toyota. but uh, yeah I don't really know so.....

Reg is a VERY reliable source of information. Altho he could be giving you canadian numbers and not US.

· Registered
335 Posts
yeah I wouldn't question his knowledge either....but he wasn't at the shop that day, he was in europe or something. Anyways one of his main mechanics was talkin to me and said almost exactly this, "I was talking to Reg and he said that there was only 2 7m blocks left in the world...I'm pretty sure he said 2..." so yeah, give or take a block

· Not so boring anymore
7,936 Posts
like 2-3 years ago when i was looking i think i could of got them for ~ 1900.. my discount through a local toyo dealer (normal discount that jaymarks has)

· Registered
517 Posts
how else would they get em in japan... dont they have to get new ones every 30k miles or something like that?

· Registered
131 Posts
sacto-mkIII said:
how else would they get em in japan... dont they have to get new ones every 30k miles or something like that?

Yes, or close to it. They have an inspection system over there that costs anywhere from 1k-2k i believe, new cars get it every 5 years i believe, then its every other year for 5 years then every year after that, so it becomes very expensive to have a car over 10 years old (legally inspected) because you start paying ~2k a year for a 10 year old car. Its one of the ways the government is helping to boost car sales, and another reason why we have so many jdm engines available.

Edit: I think the good parts guy is back from vacation at work, i will have him price out a shortblock and availability as well, that is if Jeff doesnt come in first.

· IJM Mafia!
4,822 Posts
^ think about it, in japan, you pretty much have to get a new car every 10 years, so people are selling their cars to get a new one, you can part out the car and viola...JDM engine

the reason someone would take out an engine in a USDM car would be for a car that had an accident, assuming it was rearended or something...OR if the person did an engine swap

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.