Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 91 Turbo Supra for $4100. It only got 89k miles on it and its completely stock. The clear coat on the hood is wore off and the center console cover looks like crap. But overall it runs good. New engine was put in Jan 04 because of a blown head gasket so its still got an engine warranty until Jan 07. Changed the oil and had the coolant flushed and discovered a coolant leak. Its in the shop now and gonna cost me $200 bucks to put a new hose on. (Crosses fingers and hopes more problems don't come up). :nervous:

Anyway, for preventative maintance I planned on getting a HKS 1.2 mm MHG put on with ARP studs. Final Stage Motorsports in Vegas quoted me $850 which I think isn't too bad. Basically I just want the car running reliable because its my daily driver and maybe get the HP up to around lower 300's.

·
Ask First Search Later
519 Posts
Beautiful car. Good luck. I just got over bhg and ened up with rodknock, so it's at S.P for that and performance work for about 500whp. My winter project started early.:(

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
ugly rims. sell me em! :)

nice car though

·
Activate teh wobble.
106 Posts
black supra's :drool: nice ride man.

·
Registered
14 Posts
looks nice, exactly what i'm looking for for the exact price range im looking in! good find.

·
Registered
98 Posts
WOW thats a steal. very nice car. I think you should do it yourself if you have time. Get to know your new car. Also cometic metal headgaskits are just as good as hks and 1/2 the price. you could do the whole job yourself for around $300. good luck and welcome

·
Registered
625 Posts
I think thats a pre 89 speedo isnt it? hope you didnt get jipped by someone who swapped it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stealership

Yeah, I took it to Findlay Toyota because thats who did the engine swap for the previous owner. I thought it was going to be covered by the warranty but they say its a hose and the part for the hose is like 120 bucks or some shit. Anyways, it costs 98 bucks for them just to look at the car, I said ok, because if its under warrenty that 98 bucks is covered. Well lesson learned there, never taking it back to the stealership.

Now I gotta drop another $850 to upgrade the headgasket, now I know why they call these cars money pits. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
johnnyddn said:
Yeah, I took it to Findlay Toyota because thats who did the engine swap for the previous owner. I thought it was going to be covered by the warranty but they say its a hose and the part for the hose is like 120 bucks or some shit. Anyways, it costs 98 bucks for them just to look at the car, I said ok, because if its under warrenty that 98 bucks is covered. Well lesson learned there, never taking it back to the stealership.

Now I gotta drop another $850 to upgrade the headgasket, now I know why they call these cars money pits. :rolleyes:
Actually if you work on the car yourself then it is pretty damn cheap to operate and maintain. :)

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
bkma71 said:
I think thats a pre 89 speedo isnt it? hope you didnt get jipped by someone who swapped it
i dont think anything before 89 had an airbag so the airbag light if it was a pre89 speedo wouldnt be there?

·
Registered
625 Posts
SupaMan said:
i dont think anything before 89 had an airbag so the airbag light if it was a pre89 speedo wouldnt be there?

yeah I just looked at a pic of my old 88 and the speedo only goes to 150 too. but thats still kinda wierd I didnt know there was 3 diffrent clusters for our cars cuz my 89 doesnt have the 5mph indicator marks.

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Nice find man!
That is really clean, and really low mileage!
Definately get the MHG done, you'll be glad you did. If I had known better I would've had my mech put on one when we were putting in my new JDM motor about a month ago, because I've got the beginnings of BHG now!
Try and do as much work on your car yourself, or with the help of other members in your area, it will save you a ton of money and you'll learn alot about your car too.

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
welcome! i know the search feature is less than perfect currently so just check the FAQ section and it will be of great help!

congrats on seeing the light btw :)

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
So you’re the one who bought that beauty! Damn I was keeping my eye on that one, good steal! Oh and welcome to the mkiii world, newbie ;)...

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
B E A utiful!

good luck w/ it and welcome to supras!

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
nice lookin car.
do yourself a favor and hold on to those wheels . even if you get aftermarkets.
got mine tucked away in the shed :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts