Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is AEM's new product out, information is below. We are taking order for these right now. Get your orders in before they sell out.... If you have any question contact: [email protected], or PM me !

AEM WATER INJECTION KIT (30-3000):

The Water Injection Kit is an economical, complete install kit with no extra parts needed, user-friendly setup solution for reducing air inlet temps and increase charge density in boosted vehicles. Allows the user to safely run higher boost pressures and suppress detonation allowing the utilization of more timing and boost. Performance will no longer be compromised when running lower octane fuels. Features a high-pressyre pump with progressive controls, a 1 gallon tank with integral fluid level sensor, interchangeable nozzles for easy flow adjustment and an integrated system status dash light with easily identifiable error codes including short circuits, battery voltage problems and low fluid warning.

Key Features:

· Complete kit, everything is included

· Progressive controller driven 150 PSI pump

· 1 gallon tank with integral fluid level sensor

· Dash light for system status and low fluid warning

· Alcohol Compatible (up to 50% in solution with water)

· Progressive controller, provides boost dependent variable flow

o Provides output to either decrease timing or boost if the system runs out of fluid or detects an error.

· Kit includes three jets to match your power requirements

Jobber Price: $439

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Where would you put that 1 gallon tank in a MKIV supra?

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Where would you put that 1 gallon tank in a MKIV supra?
You have to be creative. I have a 4 gallon fuel cell in mine thats integrated with my sounds in the back hatch. Looks like a pretyt nice system and the price is definitely a good deal.

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Oh, if the reach is all the way to the trunk, I'd put something bigger in my spare tire area since I'm already running without it in place.

You have to be creative. I have a 4 gallon fuel cell in mine thats integrated with my sounds in the back hatch. Looks like a pretyt nice system and the price is definitely a good deal.

·
Registered
327 Posts
LMAO...I hope this meth kit is designed better than their CDIs. ;)

·
Aspiring viking
1,842 Posts
"Alcohol Compatible (up to 50% in solution with water)"

Sounds like the seals in the pump (or some other component) may not be compatible with 100% methanol. That's definitely worth noting.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree !!!! Their CDI's were total garbage. We have been pretty happy with all their other products though. The last big one's to come out were the FIC and True Boost and both seem to work great.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Alcohol Compatible (up to 50% in solution with water)"

Sounds like the seals in the pump (or some other component) may not be compatible with 100% methanol. That's definitely worth noting.
Well, from what I am gathering, the kit can have no problem running 100% Meth, but AEM does not recommend it because of the liability. Seems mostly like a CYA (Cover your ass) statement.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I agree !!!! Their CDI's were total garbage. We have been pretty happy with all their other products though. The last big one's to come out were the FIC and True Boost and both seem to work great.
Very interested if the pump can handle 100% methanol.. I see your post above..
I guest we need do some test on the pump in daily use to see how she behave with 100% meth...
Are the kits in stock?

Sorry but I need to ask....
How good is the Fuel injector controller from AEM in reliability for daily use ?
And why will Supra will need this part performance wise?...
Will it be good to have this?
What can we expect running a FIC with the AEM with large injectors?...

^ For educational purpose...........^

·
Aspiring viking
1,842 Posts
Well, from what I am gathering, the kit can have no problem running 100% Meth, but AEM does not recommend it because of the liability. Seems mostly like a CYA (Cover your ass) statement.
I would just double check that before you suggest it to customers (to cover your own ass), as it is my understanding that not all pumps are created equal. If something fails due to running 100% methanol on a system not designed for it, it can be ugly.

Racegate can offer more insight as he is one of the resident meth-heads with several years of experience.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guest we need do some test on the pump in daily use to see how she behave with 100% meth...
Are the kits in stock?

How good is the Fuel injector controller from AEM in reliability for daily use ?

According to AEM this pump could handle 100% meth. AEM us just finishing up the kits, so they should be ready to ship next week, or thats what they are telling me. We have not had any expeirence with this kit yet, but would like to play with one to find out how well it works. I just wanted to post up that they are coming out with one if anyone is interested..

As for the FIC, John Reed has been working on a PNP harness for the MKIV. He is looking for a car to test on right now. Maybe he can post up some answers to your questions.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would just double check that before you suggest it to customers (to cover your own ass), as it is my understanding that not all pumps are created equal. If something fails due to running 100% methanol on a system not designed for it, it can be ugly.

Racegate can offer more insight as he is one of the resident meth-heads with several years of experience.

Of course we would like to test this kit before suggesting it to customers. With all the CDI problems AEM had, we like to test everything before giving it our "stamp of approval". I just thought that some people would be intereted in knowing AEM has a kit, and maybe wanted to try it out themselves... Maybe you should get a kit and test it for us, Ill give you a screamin deal ;) .

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Are the kits in stock?

Hopefully we can test one of these kits in house soon, but the pump manufacturer is the same as used by many of the other kits out there, including the FJO stuff we have been using.

I have a PNP setup I put together for the F I/C to test in a Supra. Next week I will have my hands on a test car, and I will see if the F I/C is something that would be of value to the Supra community for those not wanting or needing the power of a full standalone. Should be along the lines of a MAP ECU, but I want to see just how well it works and if there are any downsides to running it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hopefully we can test one of these kits in house soon, but the pump manufacturer is the same as used by many of the other kits out there, including the FJO stuff we have been using.

I have a PNP setup I put together for the F I/C to test in a Supra. Next week I will have my hands on a test car, and I will see if the F I/C is something that would be of value to the Supra community for those not wanting or needing the power of a full standalone. Should be along the lines of a MAP ECU, but I want to see just how well it works and if there are any downsides to running it.
Thanks It will be nice to see your test results.....

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
Are the kits in stock?

Do remember that water isn't necessarily a problem. Many people don't realize that water is an excellent detonation suppressant as well. It can essentially raise the octane rating of the fuel by the simple fact that it can't 'burn' per se, allowing the fuel to burn slower so you could make ~90ish octane pump fuel act more like 105 or something in that neighborhood. Also a benefit of water is that it doesn't have an effect on your air/fuel ratio like methanol/alcohol will.

And of course it cools your intake charge significantly.

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Do remember that water isn't necessarily a problem. Many people don't realize that water is an excellent detonation suppressant as well. It can essentially raise the octane rating of the fuel by the simple fact that it can't 'burn' per se, allowing the fuel to burn slower so you could make ~90ish octane pump fuel act more like 105 or something in that neighborhood. Also a benefit of water is that it doesn't have an effect on your air/fuel ratio like methanol/alcohol will.

And of course it cools your intake charge significantly.
An excellent point, especially for you guys wanting to run a kit like this on a car that doesn't have any sort of standalone fuel control to 'compensate' for a bunch of methanol going in. Run a mix of meth and water, progressively applied and you will get good detonation suppression without having the car go WAY to rich.

Cars with standalones, we sometimes take a different approach depending on the needs of the customer. We put as much methanol into the system as is practical, and then using the standalone apply a fuel trim to keep the air/fuel correct. This in effect lets the engine run on up to say 30% methanol (depending on meth kit), and allows us to get pretty aggressive with the boost/timing. With water, you can't simply keep adding more, there is a limit to what the engine can process before you start going the wrong way. Hope that makes sense!

·
5,059 Posts
I honestly know nothing about these kits, but I have a friend with an evo who keeps telling me to get one.
I have a T78 with a vpc/gcc combo and I'm on stock fuel.
So the major benefits are a cooler air charge and high octane?

·
Registered
67 Posts
never been happier since I've had my meth system. I put in my fenderwell I don't know if this one is duell nozzles but mine starts spraying at 12psi and full at 18psi adjustable of course. I have been out running new 750's on pump!25psi is as far as I have gone,better weather also!

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
I honestly know nothing about these kits, but I have a friend with an evo who keeps telling me to get one.
I have a T78 with a vpc/gcc combo and I'm on stock fuel.
So the major benefits are a cooler air charge and high octane?
The major benefits are cooler air charge, the ability to run higher boost and timing on pump gas and costs savings over running race gas 24/7. I run 15 psi on 93. I can run 26 psi on 93 and meth. Its cheaper than filling up the take with race gas because the meth only sprays at a certain psi. I have gone almost a year on 4 gallons of meth before having to refill it.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts