Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting an alarm for my supra that i recently bought......tell me what you guys think

Compustar 900fws - pager alarm with all its goodies, extra's include:
digital tilt
perimeter
hoodlock
3 more sirens with backup batteries
ear bleeder siren (inside car)
horn honk
Audio detector (for breaking glass)
pins everywhere
auto window roll up/vent
bypass for toyota immobilization system so i can keep that working also
hidden engine kill switch
Club for steering wheel

few more things i cant think of right now.

Price - 1072 installed with tax.

if theres anything else i should look into, please say so.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea apparently, when you arm the system, it locks the hood. so even if you pop it and shit, it's still locked.

u have to get them special order, but they DO exist.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
i'm looking for the same setup. Do you mind telling us the cost?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
<-------:dumbass:

PLAIN as day. Sorry about that.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
might as well get the LOJACK early warning system..

·
SF's Cleanest
7,177 Posts
Nice alarm, not so nice price...

Well I guess its not bad, but I wouldn't want to put that much into my alarm...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
remember that is in Canadian funds. lol not USD

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
and Peace of mind, is priceless. :)

Not to mention its the only black one in my city......only TT 6speed also.....apparently

·
Registered
709 Posts
Nice alarm, but alot of money for everything that a viper does. Spend that money and get the gps unit. By the way the supra doesn't have an immobilizer like the newer toyotas.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Cant get the GPS unit in canada apparently, ive already tried from multiple stores. Everything except the Compustar pager.....is From directed electronics inc....the guys that make Viper, clifford, etc. And compustar is better then the viper pager, so i went with it instead. My supra happens to have the theft immobilization.. *shrugs* in canada, all supra's came fully decked out. When you lock your doors it automatically turns itself on, little red light blinks....if anyone breaks into it, it kills the engine....Maybe its not called "theft immobilization" but thats what im told it is plus it has the stickers for it that say "vehicle equipped with toyota theft detterent system. Which may be just fancy for a red light that looks important but doesnt do jackshit. lol if you know forsure...let me know

Also for the viper set up, they wanted to rape me, asking 1300, without tax, or install......at a different store, all the exact same stuff from viper, except the compustar pager.....was 1072, installed with tax. and the compustar pager alarm is more expensive then vipers....(luckily i know some guys that work there, they're giving me the family discount)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
To4r-Supra said:
Cant get the GPS unit in canada apparently, ive already tried from multiple stores. Everything except the Compustar pager.....is From directed electronics inc....the guys that make Viper, clifford, etc. And compustar is better then the viper pager, so i went with it instead. My supra happens to have the theft immobilization.. *shrugs* in canada, all supra's came fully decked out. When you lock your doors it automatically turns itself on, little red light blinks....if anyone breaks into it, it kills the engine....Maybe its not called "theft immobilization" but thats what im told it is plus it has the stickers for it that say "vehicle equipped with toyota theft detterent system. Which may be just fancy for a red light that looks important but doesnt do jackshit. lol if you know forsure...let me know

Also for the viper set up, they wanted to rape me, asking 1300, without tax, or install......at a different store, all the exact same stuff from viper, except the compustar pager.....was 1072, installed with tax. and the compustar pager alarm is more expensive then vipers....(luckily i know some guys that work there, they're giving me the family discount)
i have the gps system and im from canada?
if you are interested i know a couple of local shops that do it, its around 500 just for the gps system which they integrate with your alarm.

www.icantrack.com

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
Anybody care to convert it to USD? ;)
it's about $20. :stickpoke: :D

It's really about $865

·
EchoDeDupra
4,118 Posts
what are you going to do when someone comes by with a tow truck?

Edit: and no Backup-battery??

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats what digital tilt is for......mercury tilt detection only works on actual tilting. Digital tilt detection does angles, tilting, and if the car is moved up or down. No matter what, if that car leaves, moves, tilts, or is picked up.....the whole city will know.

and the sirens all have backup batteries.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts