Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey people, this is my first post...I currently own an Lexus SC400 that is mod'd to the hilt with tons of new Supra parts on it...Suspension parts, LCA's, brakes, V160 manual tranny, torsen LSD, you name it... I am laying down around 685 rwhp on my last dyno with my built and Paxton supercharged...1UZ-FE V8 motor, This bored V8 forged engine and massive supercharger works real nice with my swapped in 6 speed V160 manual tranny, you guys have it made with the V160's.........Hood clearance was tuff but I figured it out...I was experiencing belt slippage at high rpms for a while, but figured it out with a double customised crank pulley to run the supercharger independantly...Can't be more happy with this project car of mine. I think you Supra TT guys would be impressed with the rediculous low end torque with this car..

Honestly, I should have bought a TT Supra but these SC400's are roomier and I am a big guy, plus you can't beat the V8 exhaust rumble and V8 torque in comparison to the inline 6 banger TT Supra engines. No insults intended just my preference, and I still love the Supra's...

I never knew these forums existed what a bonus... Anyway my reason for posting is I am currently looking for one right side Supra 4 piston big brake caliper...My current one got damaged beyond repair when I lost control and slammed a curve a while back........ Also looking for some Tan color Supra front seats to swap, and coilovers.....Can anyone be so kind as to advise me on where to get these used parts in good shape?...I have paypal and will pay fair market value for these used parts...

Traction in my car is my biggest problem as it is probably the same with the Supra's that are builtup...Same sub frames in the SC as the Supra's..and the rear ends are very light which makes traction difficult.....I guess if you guys are sporting variable boost control and what not it may not be a problem when turbo'd......Superchargers there is no lag time at all so the fat rears break loose ever so easily, gets a little sketchy getting sideways all the time... I am lowered two inches...Anyway, sorry for the story and enough with my crap have a good day to all....

Also is anyone sporting more horsepower then me on this forum, I hear there are some rediculous Supra's out their, 4 digit horsepower, anyone on this forum with something like that?

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
well most of the time you will find all those parts in the FS section. I dunno if i have seen any seats, and most of the time you will only find the calipers in a set. So you may have to spend extra there.

I like how your setup sounds never knew people bothered workin with the 400's. Id like to do that swap in an NA Supra someday :D I think you will find PLENTY of people makin a good bit north of 680 on the forums though. ;)

Alex

·
Registered
618 Posts
SUPRALEX said:
I am laying down around 685 rwhp on my last dyno

Also is anyone sporting more horsepower then me on this forum, I hear there are some rediculous Supra's out their, 4 digit horsepower, anyone on this forum with something like that?

Maybe....:dunno:

Post some pics of your car. i wanna see this engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies, I did not get notified of the responses via email....The reason I built up the 4.0 Liter Lexus sc400 V8's is because the engines are plentiful and the blocks are cheap and fairly easy to replace and bore to 5.0L and to fit in the american made forgies.... I have pictures but I am new and not sure how to post but I will try...Can someone explain to me on how to post pictures??

I figured there was some big HP producing Supra's on this forum...Supra's are strong cars...that is why I am always transfering Supra TT parts onto my LEX....

So my parts can be found maybe in the FS section?...Thanks and I am sorry for posting this thread in the wrong section...

Curious? What kinda of HP can the stock internals of the Supra TT engines handle? Do they come stock with forged pistons and rods? I just think the V160 HP holding capacity is sick and if the stock TT engine are built anything like the tranny's you guys are styling ...Very impressed with the ease of the shifting as well...

Did you guys know alot SC300 owners are swapping in the Supra motors, Lexus owners whom love to modify their cars drull over the Supra TT parts like me... See ya

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can't figure out how to post pic's I am sorry, can someone explain I can downsize the pictures to fit any size but don't know how to connect to this post?

Oh, alot of people are twin turbo'ing the SC400 V8 motors, the stock rods and pistons are the weak points and cannot hold much more then 375rwhp, so forgies are a must when seriously building... But these twin turbo'd SC400 motors are blowing away the compitiion especially in Austrailia...The Aussie's are mostlly into their Eaton Superchargers which are two small and weak in my opinion...

I considered a set of Garrett turbo's on my motor and also with the exhaust driven turbo's there is little drag on the engine....However, the lag time, and boosting to what I wanted concerned me so I supercharged instead... Yes the V8 Lexus have been swapped in a few supra's from what I have heard... Some people just love the idea of 8 cylinders as apposed to 6.... However at stock the Supra TT motor is a much better motor then the 1uz, 2uz, and 3uz lexus motors.... I don't see why someone would want to mess with a good thing.....Late.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
go to www.photobucket.com it will resize the pics automatically after you register, and its FREE. After doing that, click on a pic's URL on photobucket, right click, copy....and go to Supraforums. After you get here...click the POST REPLY link, when you do that on the next window there will be a bunch of stuff towards the top of the page...click the mountain & moon/sun looking emblem. There will be another window pop up...just right click, paste in that window and hit ok....WHOLA...you have sucessfully posted a pic.

Sorry if you arent as internet "dumb" as I dumbed the post up so pretty much anyone can post a pic.

Jason

1 - 9 of 9 Posts