Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, im new to supras and i found an '87 supra with a sbc 350 in it...its the only supra near me so is it a good match? i was hoping to put a 2jz in it but im on a tight budget...the guy wants 2000 for it and it has decent interior and pretty good paint...that a good deal?

·
Registered
338 Posts
^ what he said.

I'd bet that supra is a hackjob, but if you get one just know it'll be upwards of 5 grand to throw a 2jzgte in there.

Id find one with a 7m in it thats pretty original.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im not exactly set on swapping a 2jz. infact id rather not have to swap an engine right now...but thought i could sell the 350 and just swap in a 1 or 2jz but from the sounds of it i probably shouldnt...i did check near the minneapolis are and there are a couple on craigslist that look pretty good...with the stock engine which look pretty good though

·
Registered
763 Posts
a 350 isnt worth shit they are a dime a dozen you will be lucky to be able to buy 2 used tires after selling the 350

·
Registered
549 Posts
not sure about this supra
I was not sure about some of my biggest regrets. when you doubt something, don't do it.

Recommend you wait, and find something more suitable to you goals, that wasn't someone else's project. I'd bet that important steps were hack job'd together to make a 350 function in the chasis.

GL with the search.

·
Addict
1,120 Posts
I was not sure about some of my biggest regrets. when you doubt something, don't do it.

Recommend you wait, and find something more suitable to you goals, that wasn't someone else's project. I'd bet that important steps were hack job'd together to make a 350 function in the chasis.

GL with the search.
Pretty sure I speak for a lot of people that we learned the hard way sometimes. If you dont absolutely love it or know you can use it... waiting is the best thing to do.
I'm always finding better deals on something I just bought like 2-4 months later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts