Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ex MKIV Owner
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Lots of shit talking going on, my favorite?

How they say the stock 6spd can handle about 700hp, while Woon is on the factory 6spd with 1432rwhp or howveer much he has....

And posting this article took me about 1hour so I'd definetly appreciate a thank you!! fucking finals tomorrow and I'm worried about you guys seeing this article :wtflol:

·
<.>
343 Posts
Good read; thanks for putting the supra above your schoolwork, :D

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
thanx, I'll be buying that one this week!!

·
GO OILERS GO!
352 Posts
Thanks! Good Luck on your finals.

·
2JZ yes shit
1,012 Posts
Surprisingly these guys actually knew what they were talking about compared to other magazines. Only thing I didn't like was how the internals can only handle 600hp and 700hp for the 6spd.

·
Ex MKIV Owner
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, this is the only car mag I subscribe to, definetly stay true to their name and the average joe's budget when it comes to cars.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Joe89 said:
And posting this article took me about 1hour so I'd definetly appreciate a thank you!!
Thanks - can't get enough press on the supra. Appreciate the time out from your studying; hope the finals went well.

Cheers,
-Darryl

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
Yeah, I hated how they were like, the stock internals can make 600 hp. Some people claim they have 900 hp on stock internals, but that's BS. Isn't the record 1,017 at the WHEELS? So effectively DOUBLE the 600 they mentioned?

·
Ex MKIV Owner
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They make it sound like the Supra's achievments are just too ridiculous to be true...

Well, yes they ARE ridiculous, that is why the Supra is such an amazing car, no other car comes so overbuilt in all those aspects...

I mean, a fuel system to handle 450 rwhp, an engine to handle I'd say 800 RELIABLE rwhp, with 1000rwhp already acheived, a 6spd transmission to handle ANYTHING you can throw at it as evident by Woon's achievments, all while being RELIABLE. Not to mention the car can [and is] street driven to the track where it runs 8's, and still, to most people, looks amazing.

What other car can do this? That is what makes the supra so amazing, it can be anything you want it to be. I just don't understand why magazines are so afraid to admit that.

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
Joe89 said:
They make it sound like the Supra's achievments are just too ridiculous to be true...

Well, yes they ARE ridiculous, that is why the Supra is such an amazing car, no other car comes so overbuilt in all those aspects...

I mean, a fuel system to handle 450 rwhp, an engine to handle I'd say 800 RELIABLE rwhp, with 1000rwhp already acheived, a 6spd transmission to handle ANYTHING you can throw at it as evident by Woon's achievments, all while being RELIABLE. Not to mention the car can [and is] street driven to the track where it runs 8's, and still, to most people, looks amazing.

What other car can do this? That is what makes the supra so amazing, it can be anything you want it to be. I just don't understand why magazines are so afraid to admit that.
You forgot its braking record was just broken last year by the $450K Porsche Carrera GT, and with its curb-rashing undersized tires, pulled skidpad numbers matching those of todays Corvette with wider, newer-technology tires.

·
Ex MKIV Owner
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Troux said:
You forgot its braking record was just broken last year by the $450K Porsche Carrera GT, and with its curb-rashing undersized tires, pulled skidpad numbers matching those of todays Corvette with wider, newer-technology tires.
Again, nothing compares :bigthumb:

·
Registered
13,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Goddamn, I want to spoon my eyes out right now. Those were the worst scans ever. You get an A for effort though. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts