Votes: 6 28.6%
  • June 18th

Votes: 11 52.4%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Lurking...
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have been having people asking me for months now when I was going to plan on hosting another BBQ. Again, we will hold it at VALLEY FORGE PARK in Valley Forge, PA. I just would like to know which date you all would like to have it on. Sunday afternoons are usually best for most people.

Here's the dates I will have available...I start my new job shortly, and will be "out of commission" for a month.

June 4th
June 11th
or
June 18th

They're all Sundays. I just want to know what day most people would like to have it on.

I will make a new thread with details once we decide on a date.

I say June 11th.

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
i cant do june 4th.. i'll be in miami on vacation.. june 11th preferably but June 18th is also doable

·
Lurking...
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tied so far. I will check back again in a day or so to see the results.

It's about time JQuest!

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I voted for the 11th since I hope to be driving at Pocono on the 16th and/or 17th and bringing the dirty old smashed up Supra to a meet on the 18th doesn't fit for me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
dayum...i just realized that have military duty in san antonio for those last 2 weeks onf june...argh...it never fails, everytime i make plans, military always gets in the way :(

·
Lurking...
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright, so we are sitting on either the 4th or 18th now. Most people are going to the OC Show. Which I forgot what the dates were. Just need a little more input from people.

·
Registered
144 Posts
alyssa, remember the BIG one i setup in FDR park last year? i think we should have one there again, but change the day to a saturday. i was planing to setup another one in early june, and invite all of the toyota, nissan, subaru, etc... guys.

its a great location, because its easy to find for most out of towners and NJ people, lots of parking spots, and no cops to bother us. so let me know what u think .

also, i dont know if any of you local people know, but a bunch of people from tristate tuners have been meeting up weekly in the KOP movie theater, back parking lot. lots of nice cars and cool people. ever friday at around 830pm.

·
Lurking...
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Art, yes, I do remember the meet you had at FDR. I was there. Rolled up in the Benz with Ervin, and Tom in their Supra's. The Valley Forge Park meet I had was a big success too. You didn't go to that one. You went to the Ridley Creek Park BBQ I held. I said I would never hold another BBQ at Ridley Creek because #1, it cost me money to rent out that pavilion, and #2, it was SO hard to find. Valley Forge was super easy to get to.

·
Lurking...
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol, nah Art, I'm not a big fan of FDR. It was kind of dirty. The water scared me. Haha. I like keeping my BBQ's on Sunday. Nothing like a Sunday afternoon BBQ. We still get out-of-towners on Sundays! At the Valley Forge one, we had people from MD, DE, NJ, NY, and I think there were one or two from VA too. If they leave around 5pm...they all get home by 8 or 9pm at the latest.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Be afraid, Alyssa ...I heard FDR has snake heads crawling out of the water and eating people, especially girls. And you're right about dirty, the people down that neck of the woods must be trashy litter bugs with all that crap laying around.

Valley Forge was nice and seems convenient for most, but I like some of the other lots in that park better than where we were last time.

·
Lurking...
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nick, which other lots in Valley Forge did you like better? I just chose the one by the Welcome Center because it was really easy to get to. There was plenty of space as well. And the trees we needed for shade!

I also heard about some nasty fish someone placed into that lake at FDR that actually bite...and if you find one, to kill it! And report that you found one, or were bitten by one. Ew. The only good thing I thought about FDR was the Ice Cream truck that rolled through. Other than that, I wasn't a big fan of the location!

·
Registered
306 Posts
hmm sounds like it could be a good time and a nice little cruise out..I think Id be game for that one..Id also be willing to help in anyway I could with any supplies or food etc..Let me know.

·
Registered
144 Posts
AlyssaC said:
Nick, which other lots in Valley Forge did you like better? I just chose the one by the Welcome Center because it was really easy to get to. There was plenty of space as well. And the trees we needed for shade!

I also heard about some nasty fish someone placed into that lake at FDR that actually bite...and if you find one, to kill it! And report that you found one, or were bitten by one. Ew. The only good thing I thought about FDR was the Ice Cream truck that rolled through. Other than that, I wasn't a big fan of the location!

what! how can you say you didnt like it .that was an awesome meet with a great turn out.....and ICE CREAM!

im probably going to setup another one there again this summer.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts